Sign in to follow this  
paddymick

Yosemite (mac) Crash

Question

I have actually been able to verify this on three different computers all running the latest OS X update Yosemite. I am sure if this is a general mac issue or unique to the update. When then game is launched from Steam, the preparing to launch box comes up and goes away within a few seconds. 

This occurred on a Macbook Pro 2011, Macbook Air 2013 and an iMac 21' 2012.

10 answers to this question

I posted this on Saturday - you can still run the game though if you find the actual application by going to 'Properties' in steam and selecting "Show game files" 

• Like 2

Hello,

Thank you for your postings. I have added this important issue to our database and will also be updating the known issues list for other users to see.

Thank you for your support!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hy, Had the same problem, on a macbook pro midd 2010, 2.53Ghz intel i5 with 4GB ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M also running on OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks @ wjbaird, nice workaround, also works for me :D

some addon to my post:

Had the same problem on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion before updating my Machine to Yosemite, as i thought it may be a problem of a to old OS.

Same issue on Yosemite and when I search for the file, I only see the 94K stub and don't see anything in the download window.

• Like 1

Actually, found a way around it.  

In Steam, I right clicked on the game, went to Properties, Browse Local Files and then could launch it.

You can also copy it from User/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pillars of Eternit - Public Beta/ to the applications folder and run it from there.  That assumes you have hidden files turned on.

OK I am still unable to launch PoE from Steam with v392 (running OSX 10.9)

The workaround mentioned above still works though. 

Edited by Quantics

I can confirm the workaround as functional on OS X 10.10.2 (14C94b - Public Beta ) on my Mac mini 2011 with Radeon (MacMini5.2).

Sadly despite optimization being noted in the changelog, the game still runs like a slideshow making it unplayable, so I can't say if there are any further problems on OS X.

• Like 1

FYI the game is running quite smoothly on 10.9.x

However, I'm going to get a new macbook from work imminently but I'm afraid it will come with yosemite pre-installed... I'll be really gutted if I can't play the game upon release and have to wait for a patch.

Sign in to follow this