The Insane Beta Battles @ Crossing

Good work Sensuki, though I wish you used more druid spells (some of them overlap in function with other classes´s) since you have such a short timing window to record yourself experimenting with them, might as well go all out.

The druid is like a battle version of a wizard/Priest hybrid atm. Can cast a variety of CC and DOT spells and still be useful as a melee character while not being suited bo the THE frontliner like Paladins, Fighters, Barbarians and Monks. Like the Chanter a reach weapon would probably be ideal, though that depends on how weapon reach works in PoE.

2:27 - It seems beetles have enough reach in their attacks to reach your Wizard through your party. If memory serves in BG you had 3 reaches: Short reach weapons (punches, war hammers, daggers, long swords, short swords, etc.), long reach weapons (any two-handed, swords, halberds, spears, etc) and ranged (longbows, shortbows, composite bows, slings, etc.). Maybe the values of attack reach are all different for every enemy as they are not set in stone. Maybe this is one of the big factors that contribute to the feeling of dogpiling combat. Id like it if there was only 3 types of weapon reach like in BG, maybe with a fourth "very long range melee weapon" if we are gonna include giant squids and pikes but it would be best to keep this from simple.

5:55 -If you pause-unpause too many times in a short period some sounds stop playing. I think theres an even worse bug were if you press the slow and un-slow button too many times you get stuck in a permament slow mode were every sound repeats itself.

Edited by Fiebras

Ah right, that's what causes the sounds to stop working.

Yeah I thought I'd just play rather than sitting there reading the spell descriptions. I'll be doing lots and lots more videos right up until release and will probably re-visit some class challenge videos when everything is more stable / balanced

Has the pause sound thing been reported?

Edited by Sensuki

Im almost sure it was reported. Dont know if the slow bug has been reported.

Im noticing web+ big aoe spell has a high chance of becoming the Stinking Cloud + Grease/Sleep of PoE in your videos. Though abilities like Blade field (i think its called that) and the other wizard and druid "DOT AOE" area creation spells may be better candidates especially combied with knockdown AOEs like grease or whatever the wizard spell with the oil icon is called.

Granted Web + Fireball is nowhere near the "instant I win, please die quickly while I sand here lobing arrows at your unconcious body just to seal the deal" that Stinking Cloud was (expecially combined with Grease/Sleep), for which Im rather thankfull as that kinda trivialized most fights. Considering how FAST beetles are it may be a good idea to have web slow down more, though not enough to be BG grease slow.

Theres also the root Druid ability, though the range of that is basically melee range.

Edited by Fiebras