Basketball World Cup

Sarex

I call it like I see it, we shall see.

Fair enough.

I'm curious, was there much news circulating in Serbia regarding a Serb, a Bosnian Serb, and a Croat (via Australia) playing together on the same team (The Golden State Warriors)? I know that Bogut and Nedovic got along with each other very well, and Kucmic and Nedovic were inseparable. Together they were teaching their American teammates Serbian and Croatian.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Fair enough.

I'm curious, was there much news circulating in Serbia regarding a Serb, a Bosnian Serb, and a Croat (via Australia) playing together on the same team (The Golden State Warriors)? I know that Bogut and Nedovic got along with each other very well, and Kucmic and Nedovic were inseparable. Together they were teaching their American teammates Serbian and Croatian.

Not that I heard, but I haven't been following the news closely.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

So Brazil it is. Well let's hope that this time we don't fall apart at the end.

You could always hope Brazil decides to perform as badly as their football team did against Germany, but that is probably a bit too wishful.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The ball movement of many of these European teams is outstanding. Certainly prettier than the pick n roll, ISO, and post up sets of the Americans. But then again, why bother with finesse when they can just bulldoze through the squishy competition?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

USA is already pot committed with this style of play. Hubris won't be USA's undoing; it'll be the lack of offensive sophistication as they essentially dedicated whatever practice and prep time they've had almost exclusively to their high risk, his reward, hyper-aggressive defense.

As alluded to above, their offense essentially is predicated on the transition fast break (as fueled by their defense) and when in the half court -the classic two man game, and Splash Brother trey.

A team whose game plan is to negate their own turnovers and to slow the pace down has the best shot of knocking out USA. They just need the mental fortitude to not cave in and panic when they are blitzed by the Americans. Then they need to make mortal sacrifices and hope USA goes on an extended shooting slump. ...Which could happen because their lack of ball movement won't generate too many easy scores if the defense is effectively denying the middle.

• Like 1

You could always hope Brazil decides to perform as badly as their football team did against Germany, but that is probably a bit too wishful.

I'm saving that for the Spaniards, if we can by some miracle get past them we have a better chance against the US.

Not even close for Brazil, they got outplayed this time by a big margin. They couldn't bully their way through this game.

Yikes. Serbia 84-56 over Brazil?!!

Wondering if Vlade Divac and Oscat Schmidt had a wager going.

We just broke them in the 3/4. After that they just went on tilt. I think the double technical sealed the deal.

Also I don't understand how other teams can be this bad at free throws.

Edited by Sarex

Didn't see Spain going down like that either

Hoooooly ****, I got my wish, I can't believe they lost to France. Well this means good things for us, France is someone we can handle. It's not a guarantied victory, but we have much better chances against them and potentially the US. We just need to play smart, keep the ball calm when we are in the lead, don't celebrate on the court and keep our late game solid.

USA 96, Lithuania 68

It would've been cool if Lithuania scored one more point.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Congratulations to our boys on the court, great game and a well deserved win. Now on to the finals and the US. If we keep our defense as good as we did with the French, that gold should be very possible.

Good for Serbia! Pulling it off in the clutch. How many teams that go 2-3 in round-robin in any tournament make it all the way to the finals?

I suppose if there is a team to do it, may as well be Serbia, the 7th (bottom) ranked team out of Europe in the tourney, and missing atleast two NBA players due to injury.

Pulling for Lithuania for the Bronze over France.