[BUG?] XP Gain seems incorrect

Ink Blot

Question

Not sure if this is a bug, or if things are adjusted somewhat for the Beta, which may affect the XP awards:

[DESCRIPTION]

Gained some XP during the Ogre quest and since I was tracking how much was gained at each milestone point, I checked the log and the character sheet. Log stated that the party gained 1500 XP. My character, however, gained 1575 XP. Not a big deal, of course, but I'm wondering if there's a bug, or a rounding issue, or if there's a secret bonus the character got? Playing an Orlan Cipher.

Question: is the lump sum noted in the log supposed to be divided equally among all party members, or is that sum what each gets? Either way, it seems the calculation is off.

[DETAILS]

Follow a quest line, noting how much XP the character has. Calculate what was actually given when the log reports the party received XPs.

[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR]

Not actually sure, as I'm not sure of the mechanics or circumstantial factors (See my opening comment and question above).

3 answers to this question

XP in the BB has been increased to allow us to level from 5 to 8. This is to allow us to get a handle on the classes, abilities, skills, and talents in the game. This is so we can give our opinions and suggestions to improve them. At least that is how I understand it.

• Like 1

XP in the BB has been increased to allow us to level from 5 to 8. This is to allow us to get a handle on the classes, abilities, skills, and talents in the game. This is so we can give our opinions and suggestions to improve them. At least that is how I understand it.

Thanks for the reply. I suspected it may be something like that (and thought I'd read that somewhere as well, but wasn't certain). this likely explains all the behavior in my OP. Cheers. :)

IIRC, most of Obsidian's games have XP systems that result in the party gaining slightly less than the PC. Not surprising that PoE would be the same way.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."