Why make helmets usless? Personal preference, why not +1 vs Crits?

ctn2003

I think people are missing out on the fact that, given the prevalence of hoods, hats, and helmets with bonuses, even in the beta, your party is going to be awash in headgear with various bonuses in PoE and the probability of any of your characters wearing a "base" helmet a few hours into the game will be very low, unless you are wearing it purely for aesthetic reasons.

Helmets should have a base benefit, like reduced critical chance. Magical ones should add additional bonuses. So even with a magical helm that base bonus is there and providing a benefit.

• Like 5

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

other than my piglet who actually pulled agro and got killed, aren't my cup of tea.

I thought the pets were supposed to be unkillable (but also useless) mascots - did this change?

---

+1 for helmets providing some kind of base bonus.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

other than my piglet who actually pulled agro and got killed, aren't my cup of tea.

I thought the pets were supposed to be unkillable (but also useless) mascots - did this change?

---

Regarding pets getting attacked/killed, more likely it's a bug.

• Like 1

---

Piglet pulled agro on some stone beetles, he died, but un-equiping and re-equiping him allowed me to re-summon. His pathing was still bad after his piggy easter, however. He does his own thing.

• Like 2

---

Piglet pulled agro on some stone beetles, he died, but un-equiping and re-equiping him allowed me to re-summon. His pathing was still bad after his piggy easter, however. He does his own thing.

So far it's seeming like pets aren't really going to be worth it. They're cute for about 5 minutes.

Hopefully the KS exclusive pet will have something more compelling for a reason to keep it around - maybe a plus 1 to perception bonus or something.

• Like 1

---

So far it's seeming like pets aren't really going to be worth it. They're cute for about 5 minutes.

Hopefully the KS exclusive pet will have something more compelling for a reason to keep it around - maybe a plus 1 to perception bonus or something.

Passive bonus, possibly even some dialogue options from the type of pet you have would work well. Otherwise, it has no use.

• Like 1

---

It will most likely not as people demanded that KS bonus items and pets should be only cosmetic during KS campaign and I think that Obsidian will probably stick with that as it is safest choice. 

Edited by Elerond

---

It will most likely not as people demanded that KS bonus items and pets should be only cosmetic during KS campaign and I think that Obsidian will probably stick with that as it is safest choice. 

Than pets will likely not be worth using, at least based on what I've seen thus far.

On topic... helms are cool.