Combat Log suggestion

Roarkkk

Does anybody else feel like the combat log isn't adding much feedback to the fight? 
It has way too much text for me to know at a glance what is going on. 

I remember on IE games i'd look at it and it would always have clearly displayed only the necessary information.

I like the approach PoE took, adding more info when mousing over the entry on the log. But i feel that the log is way too clamped and goes too fast to be a significant source for feedback during fights.

What do you guys think?

+1

I recall enjoying a lot checking the log on BG2 during and after the fight. it was really informative but more importantly It felt really rewarding checking how badass was my team and how they handled the fight, re-imagining the scenes in my head. 

sadly as it is now in game - beta being a beta we can hope that would change - logs are overwhelmed by redundant info, almost impossible to understand what is going on..for some reason I just got tired of it trying to decipher it and just stop reading whatsoever.

For the moment I'm not really satisfied by the game..maybe cause I was expecting too much..but BG2 fights are so much more entertaining and fun that what can PoE beta can provide.. it's a bit of a let down.

Nevertheless as a beta it can only benefit from Obsidian Devs input and changes. 

They made great games in the past I hope this one will be a masterpiece as-well.

Agreed.  I'm not finding the log of much use during a fight as it's information overload.  I'd like it to be somehow pared back a bit.  Not sure what you'd cut, but just make it easier to digest.

Etori, in contrast, I'm excited by what I've seen so far.  Maybe I have lower expectations?  There's plenty of stuff to fix/improve, but it's exactly the throw-back to IE games I was hoping for.  Give the beta time to do it's work. :)