Feat prerequisites

Headbomb

Question

Currently, prerequisites don't seem to be implemented. For example

1) Create a fighter

2) Level up, at level 2, pick Weapon Focus: Adventurer

3) At level 4, notice that you are given the option to specialize. You are not restricted to the Adventurer class of Weapons.

Expected:

At level 4, you are given the choice to Focus on a different class of weapon, or to Specialize in the weapon group you previously focused on.

2 answers to this question

Hey there, to clear up this confusion, Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization are separate things. Every class gets access to the Weapon Focus talents, boosting the effectiveness of that set of weapons. Fighters still get access to Weapon Foci, but as a class specific talent they get to choose a set of weapons to Specialize in. You can choose to stack these bonuses or branch out and gain bonuses in different sets of weapons. Hope that helps.

As always, thanks for your feedback, it's really appreciated!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

It seems really, really silly to specialize in a weapon group that you are unfocused in. There's a reason why D&D 3(.5) made it a prerequisite, and here I feel that the "if it's not broken..." rule applies.

From a roleplaying perspective, it makes little sense. Who would focus in adventurer weapons, but specialize in knight weapons? Specializing means further focus. But mechanically, having a choice between a specialization (requiring W. Focus) or two focus groups is much less WTF-y, and much more interesting. But I supposed that's not really a bug request at this point and rather a criticism of current design.