Mouse Scroll Wheel

ultimis

Question

6 answers to this question

Sometimes when I try to zoom in or out the mouse wheel modifies fog of war istead of zoom level and in dyrford it affects the water also.

It makes the water level rise and drop at the mill's wheel and the water shader dissappears in a halfcircle shape around and near the wheel. I don't know preciesely what cause this bug but it appears after map loads sometimes.

There are more things on earth and in the sky than you can dream about.

When in a shop the mouse scroll zooms the camera in and out as well as scrolls through the shop. Possible shop flag needs to be implemented to stop the camera zooming while in shop mode.

This is not intended. The mouse scroll wheel should only affect the UI interface you are currently working within. Could you see if you can attach a save file with the issue? I don't believe this is part of our database yet and it appears that it is not affecting everyone, so there are likely steps to cause it to occur.

Save files should be located at: C:\Users\ (USER NAME) \AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Sometimes when I try to zoom in or out the mouse wheel modifies fog of war istead of zoom level and in dyrford it affects the water also.

It makes the water level rise and drop at the mill's wheel and the water shader dissappears in a halfcircle shape around and near the wheel. I don't know preciesely what cause this bug but it appears after map loads sometimes.

This is related to a known issue that is caused by saving the game. If you save the game, your scroll will will begin to scroll our ambient map effects as well as the fog of war. Transitioning or loading a game should fix this. 

Thank you all for your continued efforts during the backer beta!

• Like 1

This is related to a known issue that is caused by saving the game. If you save the game, your scroll will will begin to scroll our ambient map effects as well as the fog of war. Transitioning or loading a game should fix this. 

Thank you all for your continued efforts during the backer beta!

Thanks for the info, was just to search for this issue next.

When in a shop the mouse scroll zooms the camera in and out as well as scrolls through the shop. Possible shop flag needs to be implemented to stop the camera zooming while in shop mode.

This is not intended. The mouse scroll wheel should only affect the UI interface you are currently working within. Could you see if you can attach a save file with the issue? I don't believe this is part of our database yet and it appears that it is not affecting everyone, so there are likely steps to cause it to occur.

Save files should be located at: C:\Users\ (USER NAME) \AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

I am having this issue as well, so attaching a save file.  I also have an issue where sometimes the scroll wheel works to fast, as in, I'm trying to scroll the list of items for sale and 1 small movement (the wheel clicks once) and I'm at the bottom (or top) of the list

FYI, it keeps telling me I am not permitted to upload 'this kind of file' when I try to upload a save game.  (I tried both the advanced and basic uploader).  I changed the extention to bmp (since that had worked in the past) and it uploaded.  Hopefully it did not corrup the file.  If it did, I can email the savegame file or someone can give me permission to upload the .savegame file format.

Attaching my system specs as well.

quicksave.bmp