Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggestion: Random Name Generator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dan Dirik

Dan Dirik

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

This is a new setting with lots of different cultures, and I have no idea about the name I'll give to my Savannah human from Ixamitl Plains right now. This is the perfect game to implement one of the greatest inventions in the history of CRPGs.

Obsidian did it before with KotOR 2 and NWN 2. Make it happen Josh!

• Kai, sparklecat and InsaneCommander like this

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3799 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's an idea that has been discussed before at lengths. It'd be a nice addition.

I would prefer something like Lord of Rings Online though, it gives you an idea of people's names in a description box "Common names..." etc. etc. I remember reading something about different names depending on Culture on the Official Wikia but I couldn't find it now. If you look around I'm sure you'll find it, and maybe even get some inspiration ;)

drake heath

drake heath

Lord Commissar of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 83 posts

An idea of what the names are like would be good, even if they make references to real life.

Like from what I remember the Aedyr have Anglo-Saxon and Scottish names and the Vallians have Italian names, but I don't know about any of the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users