Pillars of Eternity Mac Release

Hi all,

Any idea of Pillars of Eternity's Mac compatible version will release on the same day as the MS Windows version? I'd heard some chatter about how the Linux version is being released later and was wondering...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

^ I remember one of the dev's stating all three were being developed at the same time including bug testing.

What's that sound? Why, it's Eurogamer's "tech"-guys, all Microsoft employees, IGN chatterboxes and Gaf-people guffawing in disbelief. Because /everyone/ knows that porting a game across platforms is /expensive work/. And that developing multiple trails will make the cost of everything double for each platform! Rabblerabble! It's been said by /professional developers/ that a toolchain that can compile for different platforms is simply /not possible/.

So therefore Obsidian are lying about their commitment, and promising things they cannot keep! Expect a huge mass of guesswork and arrogant opinion masquerading as a news-item about prominent kickstarter campaigns going down the drain on N4G tomorrow!

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

heh. I think it was Adam who said Unity works out of the box with all platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux) and there wasn't much difference between all three. And as they were progressing, they were bug testing on all three platforms as they went along.

What I'd also like to know is what the developers thought about other platforms like Linux if they've never used Linux before. Did they get a PC and install Linux to see how it works, what distro did they use, did they try out different distro's, etc.

heh. I think it was Adam who said Unity works out of the box with all platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux) and there wasn't much difference between all three. And as they were progressing, they were bug testing on all three platforms as they went along.

What I'd also like to know is what the developers thought about other platforms like Linux if they've never used Linux before. Did they get a PC and install Linux to see how it works, what distro did they use, did they try out different distro's, etc.

Darren Monahan, one of the programmers at Obsidian, is a big Linux user, so I assume he does most of the Linux testing.

Edited by bonarbill

I'd prefer the Mac version as well, although booting my iMac into Windows is no huge chore.

The funny thing is that the Mac versions/ports tend to actually work better than the Windows ones, when present. Shadowrun Returns runs more smoothly, the GoG port of IWD2 is way better than running it on Windows, and so on.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com