About Localization of Pillars of Eternity in Turkish

Hello Obsidian Entertainment,

First of all my name is Aybars Sapan, in Istanbul. We are doing the localization projects about the video games in Turkish language as a group,"Türkçe - Çeviri Localization Group". By this time we have done localization project for several video games. Our the latest official localization projects were “The Testament of Sherlock Holmes”, “The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing”, “The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2”, “Memoria”, “Gone Home”, “Teslagrad” and “Car Mechanic Simulator 2014”. Also you can always see our localization projects on " http://www.turkce-ceviri.org/ ".

We want to localize Project Eternity officially. We want to see that being official localization of Project Eternity in Turkish. We have impressed a lot with Project Eternity! Also this project will get more famous " Project Eternity " in Turkey ! And we can't wait this magnificent game!

If you want this project, we can present this localization to you as an official language option. And we will be expecting for your feedback.

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Best Regards,

Aybars Sapan

Türkçe - Çeviri Localization Group 

Localization Project Manager

We want to localize Project Eternity officially. We want to see that being official localization of Project Eternity in Turkish. We have impressed a lot with Project Eternity! Also this project will get more famous " Project Eternity " in Turkey ! And we can't wait this magnificent game!

Seems legit.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Wouldn't it make more sense to do an approach via normal channels?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do an approach via normal channels?

We try to contact with all necessary channels. But we could not take any feedback . So that I have tried to contact via forum.

The game's name is Pillars of Eternity, it's out of its project phase ;)

Also, you might want to get a native English speaker to write your posts / emails regarding localization, otherwise it might cause some doubts regarding your company's abilities to correctly translate English games.

That said, it can't hurt to have a text heavy game like this one translated to as many languages as possible to widen the audience. So good luck with your mission, I hope the devs or the publisher will contact you :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The game's name is Pillars of Eternity, it's out of its project phase ;)

Also, you might want to get a native English speaker to write your posts / emails regarding localization, otherwise it might cause some doubts regarding your company's abilities to correctly translate English games.

That said, it can't hurt to have a text heavy game like this one translated to as many languages as possible to widen the audience. So good luck with your mission, I hope the devs or the publisher will contact you :)

You're right about the name of game. But I don't think so that we need a native English speaker to write our posts/emails :) However I respect your opinion ;)

@Aybars, you're marketing localization services. As in, a language service. Involving translation. Your English is perfectly understandable and just fine for normal forum use, but it is not up to the standards of a company offering localization or translation services.

Speaking as another non-native English speaker here.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

@Aybars, you're marketing localization services. As in, a language service. Involving translation. Your English is perfectly understandable and just fine for normal forum use, but it is not up to the standards of a company offering localization or translation services.

Speaking as another non-native English speaker here.

I have just written this post to discuss our official Turkish localization offer. And I want to take notice only devs autority ! If you are not a devs authority, please don't write any post ;) Thanks !

Hmm, this is a forum, as in "an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board," all in accordance with Oxford Dictionaries.  I really think you should contact them per normal channels, but I just realize I recall your group being a Steam Community group, so basically you're a bunch of eager players who also love to dabble in translation. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hmm, this is a forum, as in "an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board," all in accordance with Oxford Dictionaries.  I really think you should contact them per normal channels, but I just realize I recall your group being a Steam Community group, so basically you're a bunch of eager players who also love to dabble in translation. :)

You are right that I musn't discuss you who are just only a gamer :) But we are not a Steam community group ;) And we don't dabble in translation. We do this job officially ;) I just have wanted to support Obsidian in Turkey. Because Turkish gamers never purchase Obsidian games without Turkish localization ;) And I understand that Obsidian doesn't think Turkish gamers :) As they wish ;) This will be my last post for Pillars of Eternity.. Have a nice day ;)