We Are Silent

Hurlshort

Not a bad video.  Not going to achieve much, but still a good shot.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Soooo, they're advocating the US come in Post-WWII style and completely restructure their country? Because that's what it would actually take to do anything meaningfully long-term on the issue that wouldn't get a metric ****ton of female children killed.

Edited by ravenshrike
  • Like 1

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

Soooo, they're advocating the US come in Post-WWII style and completely restructure their country? Because that's what it would actually take to do anything meaningfully long-term on the issue that wouldn't get a metric ****ton of female children killed.

No for me its about the symbolic significance of the video, it may not change the plight of women and girls in Pakistan tomorrow but it raises awareness and that's important

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Awareness in EU and NA, sure.  But in that case, some outsider intervention is still the predictable end goal given the audience. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Calm down, it's an awareness campaign.

Malala has already accomplished a tremendous amount in her young life.  I feel extremely lucky that I get to watch her continue to impact the world we live in.  Her voice resonates deeply with my students.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 3

Ditto Hurlshot.

If you think for just a few seconds about the circumstances under which she was shot then you'd see that not everyone wants women hidden away.

Because if there weren't families and kids eager to learn then the Taliban & Co. wouldn't _need_ to shoot anyone in their heroic heavily armed stand against little girls who can read.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not going to achieve much, but still a good shot.

Ouch! Those three words at the end of your sentence don't sit well in this context.

:lol:

I never knew you were a little aspiring comedian

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ouch! Those three words at the end of your sentence don't sit well in this context.

Occurred to me after posting, but meh, if that makes anyone upset they can deal with it.

Occurred to me after posting, but meh, if that makes anyone upset they can deal with it.

I love it when you're all butch.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Should have had 50 cent in the video, thinking on it. :lol: