There also seems to be a new trailer, but I can't see the trailer because I don't have a youtube account.

It's not so much a trailer as it is the Intro/first 13 minutes gameplay type of thing, I think. Kinda cute, even to a non-SouthPark person like me. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was mostly interested to see if there were some sort of narrative forks in this game, but if the previews don't mention anything like it, then I guess not.

Still, the game looks awesome otherwise.

I doubt previews would mention or even be aware of that.

I think Eurogamer specifically mentioned not finding a narrative fork in the hour they had with it.

I recall hearing we get a choice between which army we support, Cartman vs the elves, at some point. But I could easily be misunderstanding what I heard a year ago.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think Eurogamer specifically mentioned not finding a narrative fork in the hour they had with it.I recall hearing we get a choice between which army we support, Cartman vs the elves, at some point. But I could easily be misunderstanding what I heard a year ago.

Exactly. They had an hour.

There may as well be none, but discounting it from the playtime they had is mighty silly.

I think Eurogamer specifically mentioned not finding a narrative fork in the hour they had with it.I recall hearing we get a choice between which army we support, Cartman vs the elves, at some point. But I could easily be misunderstanding what I heard a year ago.

There may as well be none, but discounting it from the playtime they had is mighty silly.

My fear is that there is there is no mention of such features in any of the marketing. Whoever's in charge might simply not prioritize this over "self-insert into South Park". South Park has a ridiculous international fan base anyway, so why bother?

However many collectibles and side-quests this game might have, if the player can do everything in one playthrough, replayability will suffer. I mean, if the only difference between playthroughs is PC's class, and if that only affects battle mechanics and some spoken lines, that's not enough.

Of course, Obsidian never made a completely narratively linear game before. So that's something.

My fear is that there is there is no mention of such features in any of the marketing. Whoever's in charge might simply not prioritize this over "self-insert into South Park". South Park has a ridiculous international fan base anyway, so why bother?

However many collectibles and side-quests this game might have, if the player can do everything in one playthrough, replayability will suffer. I mean, if the only difference between playthroughs is PC's class, and if that only affects battle mechanics and some spoken lines, that's not enough.

Of course, Obsidian never made a completely narratively linear game before. So that's something.

Lots and lots of ifs.

Seriously, no offense. But, you're assuming and somehow treat that assumption already as a fact for yourself.

Edited by C2B

Lots and lots of ifs.

Seriously, no offense. But, you're assuming and somehow treat that assumption already as a fact for yourself.

Technically, I'm entertaining a worst-case scenario chosen from my own perspective.

Just as there is no evidence to what I'm fearing, there is none to the contrary. When there is no factual information, all we can do is assume.

• Like 1

"When there is no factual information, all we can do is assume."

Or not. Since when is speculation a requirement?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."