I caught this post on the bioware fourms and i think it makes a very valid point.

"That's KotOR: Sith Lords major problem though. They should've let the story be set at about 1000 years after the Star Forge events, leaving Revan as a legend instead of trying change our perception of him."

I also certanily dont want a force feed perception of reven.

"Will the choices that I made in KOTOR influence KOTOR 2?

Yes. Early in the game, conversations will take place in which you will instruct the game, the outcome of your choices in the first game. The game will recognize this and will make the necessary changes in the dialogue/story line."

There you go, it won't totally be 'force-fed'. ;)

That would be "Force Feedback"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I caught this post on the bioware fourms and i think it makes a very valid point.

"That's KotOR: Sith Lords major problem though. They should've let the story be set at about 1000 years after the Star Forge events, leaving Revan as a legend instead of trying change our perception of him."

I also certanily dont want a force feed perception of reven.

Hey! that was my post ;)

Even though your choices in the beginning of KotOR II will give a more appropriate perception, it's still your PC that they altered. It will be a very difficult task, if not the most difficult one, to satisfy everyones mental image of Revan.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't see what you mean. They don't have to put any statues, do they? As far as I can tell, for doing a second game, they'd only have to determine what Revan did (maybe he/she dies in the end, regardless?) and possibly what gender they were. That's all. I think romances and other individual relationships would have easily managed not to get into the history books, or anywhere near your current PC's sweaty palms in general. In the first KOTOR, was there really anything else in addition to that that defined his personality?? Not really. It was a linear game, and despite how interesting the dialogue was, the dialogue was mostly pretty limited for personality options.

Whatever they do, if they're even doing KOTOR 2 (haha), I'll accept the sequel on it's own merits, and flush all preconceptions and assumptions out of my mind. If there were never a KOTOR 1, none of it would be a problem - though some might not find it so easy to accept. I just hope the game turns out to even BE that original to seperate from the predecessor.

Huh - whoa. I just realized something - even with what little we know right now, it's possible that you're Revan returned? Probably not. Still, that would simplify a bunch of the things that they did - including the thing at the beginning where you allegedly define who Revan was in the past. I can't currently think of another way that would fit to the story that would do that.... hmm

Though, I suppose you could be a distant relative of Revan. Ahh, the possibilities....