Cheers guys, Irma here.
First of all, when it comes to most looked forward to games in your most favorite genre, it's natural to get upset when the game doesn't fit your expectations in certain way - but, when I thought it through, I discovered it must be even harder for you (the developers), since you put most effort in the final product of all of us and nobody can feel the ties of budget and time limits more than you, when you have to make the decisions about what to do and what not.
My idea doesn't take much of either I suppose, so please everybody, before you click and vote, think carefully and choose DISLIKE only if the idea somehow limits or even ruins your game experience. If my idea doesn't reach your area of interest, just pick Don't care or don't vote at all.
I added the Don't care thing so that it's obvious how many people of the pie are interested.
Now, to explain the background of what I'd like to see: when I played my beloved BG2, it happened like this:
1) made my first char, enjoyed the game through, read all dialogues, solved every quest I approached.
2) repeat with other classes
3) now that I have picked my fave classes, made dual class Swashbuckler / Fighter (the strongest combination in game as far as I know*) and maxed it (to lvl 50 of course)
4) at the final stage, I explored every single location in the game, and talked to and singlehandedly killed off almost every NPC to make sure there isn't any hidden surprise left.
(and then wait for several years in hope of forgetting most of it to be able to relive it again)
If your game experience in HC RPG doesn't contain options 3) and 4), you will vote Don't care
Now, the point: There is one character in BG2 that can't be killed as far as I know, and that's protector of Saemon Havarian, whom I got to Badly injured with my top char before he killed me.
So, MY idea is to make something similar in PoE, can be the ruler of main city in game or something similar, friendly NPC that can be attacked though, and which would be the Really toughest mother****er in the Game. Make it so hard that you would have to have the best of best items in game (like the ultimate ring and weapon in game - but twice, if the game allows to Exp/Imp chars, which I sincerely hope it does), have to sacrifice all your party members, have to run around for half hour if necessary, to kill it.
This would be the ultimate measure for how much godlike your char really is.
And the reward?
The best idea for reward I came up with would be in-game item, arch of paper with secret pass to hidden section on these forums, which would allow there only those who really made it, and people would share there their best of best builds and approaches that made them the deadliest person in the world of PoE.
Dunno for how long it would remain secret tho, but the idea is nice I guess.
Or, of course, you could put there item which, when worn, makes your char talk like when they inhaled helium. Silly things
Ok, thats a little too much hassle for such trivial idea, but I guess it would mean a lot to me as well as others probably, if there was some bigger, larger, story-unrelated goal that would motive to you to play it even longer. Cause I have spent months of time on BG, and I expect nothing less of PoE.
Oh yeah, and here's good track. Thanks for reading
Love <3 Aunt Irma.
* My swashbuckler/fighter on 50th lvl had -28 AC, all attributes at 25, magic res almost 100, thanks to dual class with fighter 5 points on axes, regen 3hp/s I think plus he could wear anything thanks to the special perk of thieves in game (so even read any scroll, yes). Total overkill.