I'll see your material -- silk -- and raise you one type of that material -- spider.

Then my t-shirt will be BULLETPROOF! 8D!

#"string" raise.

...Amateur. Tsk.

I'm so confused, I'm casting hostile spells at random upon my own allies, as we speak!

(Really, though, I don't get it. :( )

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

A String Raise is a faux pas commited by amateur poker players who watch too many Bond movies, in which they "see your (x) and raise you (y). It's bad form and when called out by other players, not legal.

In essence a player could theoretically exploit the situation by calling the raise, gauge a tell, then re-raise.

...plus, individual threads are made of string, and so I was really proud of that pun.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

A String Raise is a faux pas commited by amateur poker players who watch too many Bond movies, in which they "see your (x) and raise you (y). It's bad form and when called out by other players, not legal.

In essence a player could theoretically exploit the situation by calling the raise, gauge a tell, then re-raise.

...plus, individual threads are made of string, and so I was really proud of that pun.

Ahh... you learn something new every day. :)

I knew OF that, but didn't know it was called a string raise.

Points for the string/thread relation, and ALSO for the (inadvertent?) relevance of spider "silk" technically consisting of strings. :)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I want a graphene/carbon nanotube/cotton blend. Then my shirt would be soft, durable, and hold extra power for my phone.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg