Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any suggestions on a good CO-OP/Multiplayer RPG Game?

RPG Co-OP Tales Vesperia Multiplayer Multiplatform Turn Based

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Failedlegend

Failedlegend

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Failed Legend

Thinking about Snowblind (who did Champions of Norrath) also did Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360 - but multiplatform).  Which I didn't like as much as the Norrath games, but I did think was kind of fun and played a couple of times.

Which reminds me that I quite liked the co-op fantasy title that InXile put out at around the same time - Hunted: The Demon's Forge (360/PS3)

LOTR: WITN is a wicked awesome game but I'm actually already playing it wiht my brother over steam so I don't want to double up

Final Fantasy 6 (3 US) can be played co-op, btw (but not the GBA version). Cheapest way to play it would be on the Wii VC. FF9 (PS1) as well, which should be dirtcheap nowadays. Bear in mind that the  two FF games are 'turn-based'-ish (active time battle, officially). You have 4 characters on screens whose action bar goes up in real-time. 

I owned those games for like ten years and this is the first time I've ever heard of them being co-op. The sad thing is, now I've looked it up, it turns out it's true. Menus eh, who ever reads those things? 

Yeah I can't believe I missed it either, apprently you can do it in Earthbound as well.

Path of the Exile, although a hack'n'slash is pretty darn good with a buddy. It's not too fast and it's not so slow that the faster player has to wait. RPG wise, the story can be good if you spend time on it, but you don't really.

and then it's free of course.

this. Path of Exile is the best Diablo game since Diablo II. if you like hack'n'slash you'll love it.

I tried PoE a few months ago it didnt feel right

For hack and slash with some good writing:

Deathspank

Deathspank and the Thongs of Virtue

The Baconing

Played them all..several times...probably will play several more times...really wish tere was a co-op option for thgat it would be SO MUCH fun.

Anyways I don't know why but those games remined of thast super hero cartoon show "The Tick"

There is.

The only problem is that player 2 does not get to level up, but has to play a predefined character such as Steve the bard. "STEEEEEEVE!"

Yeah I looked into it earlier it was too late to edit my post though but without the ability to level up/equip the second player its no fun (same issue the fable series has w/ co-op)

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3917 posts

if we're talking pure co-op, the Scott Pilgrim game on XBLA is simply amazing (the one with Paul Robertson's animation)

Edited by sorophx, 19 November 2013 - 01:43 AM.

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3396 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I have never tried the co-op for Van Helsing, but it is on sale on Steam right now and a suprisingly fun game.

Edited by melkathi, 20 November 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5007 posts

There's also the Payday games, they look pretty awesome..

I can recommend Guns of Icarus online, it's sort of a squad based vehicle deathmatch for 4x4 players (2 teams against each other). Everyone flies around in giant steampunk airballons and shoot at each other.

mmo-games-guns-of-icarus-online-airship-

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3917 posts

There's also the Payday games, they look pretty awesome..

they're kind of fun, but get repetitive very fast. I only played Payday 2's beta, so can't comment much. but Payday 1 gets boring soon enough. YMMV of course. it's just that there isn't much variety to the missions, and there are few of those to boot.

Failedlegend

Failedlegend

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Failed Legend

OK sorry guys but your getting way off course (although your help so far is greatly appreciated my list has gotten massive :D) here I'm really just looking for co-op RPGs even action rpgs are pushing it and I was only looking into them because tales has a more active style so was looking for something similar (to be fair GoI is pretty amazing)

Edited by Failedlegend, 21 November 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Serrano

Serrano

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1199 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

PC: Magika - This one is unique, you will never have played anything quite like it before. It's pure, hilarious chaos from start to finish. 

• Gorth likes this

Kindulas

Kindulas

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:Kindulas
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I played the Original Sin beta, and it is BRILLIANT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG, Co-OP, Tales, Vesperia, Multiplayer, Multiplatform, Turn Based

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users