Hoops 13-14

Leferd

Warriors-Clippers or Warriors-Thunder has to be a mandatory playoff matchup. Adam Silver/David Stern must needs to make it happen.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Warriors-Clippers or Warriors-Thunder has to be a mandatory playoff matchup. Adam Silver/David Stern must needs to make it happen.

It's quite likely we'll see at least one of those, hopefully in round 2 so we get a full 7 game series.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Russell Westbrook just had surgery on his knee and is out for an estimated 2 months.  This one caught everyone by surprise since he'd been playing well and just came off a triple double.  That sucks, but it could be a blessing in disguise for the Thunder if Russ comes back with enough time left in the regular season to get back to his best playing form in time for the playoffs.  This will give Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb even more playing time in the meantime and accelerate their development by necessity.  On the down side, this may cost the Thunder the 1 or 2 seed, though I doubt they would fall lower than #3.  Most important is Russ not having any setbacks and coming back before the regular season ends.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's the third surgery on the same knee since the 2013 playoffs, no? Hope he doesn't become another D-Rose - they have similar skill sets too.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

That's the third surgery on the same knee since the 2013 playoffs, no? Hope he doesn't become another D-Rose - they have similar skill sets too.

Yeah, that thought came up.  This is a bit different than D-Rose's case in that it was more preventative surgery than anything else.  Russ had been playing well and without pain, but they saw some inflammation and did further scans which revealed an "area of concern" which they were unable to find in previous scans.  So this is not a new injury, it's still from the initial injury.  How they couldn't detect it before yet they can detect it now is beyond me, but, whatever, I'm not a doctor.  You are right, though, Russ's game is similar to D-Rose in how explosive and...  violent, for lack of a better word, it is.  All we can do is hope for the best, I guess.

As an aside, the Thunder won today behind a fairly monstrous game from Durant:  34 points 12 rebounds 6 assists 50% shooting.  

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't mind watching Indiana play.  Memphis can be pretty brutal.  Chicago may be the most painful team to watch right now for two reasons:  1) The don't have anyone that can effectively create their own shot right now 2) Knowing what the team could have been had fate not dealt its cruel fate

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Good points. Paul George is a baller so in that sense, Indiana *could* be watchable.

I don't see Rip City sustaining their current dominance. As an example, they've played only 13 games against .500 teams so far. In contrast to Golden State, who've played 20. Additionally, from this point forward, the Warriors will play more home games than road games, and will actually have more total games against the East than the West. Time to feast.

Golden State could still end up with as high as a 4 seed.  That little slump I think took them out of the running for one of the top 3 seeds, but anything else is open (Blazers will cool off, but not enough for Golden State to make up 7 games, Spurs are the Spurs, and Thunder will slip a bit without Westbrook but not 7 games worth).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Revised Seeding projections

West

San Antonio

Houston

OKC

Portland

Golden State

LAC

Dallas

Phoenix

East

Miami

Indiana

• Like 1

Bynum got suspended by the Caves indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team", whatever that means.  Shocking, I know.  :rolleyes:

The saddest part of this is that after he has failed to live up to expectations, and has had a storied history of being fragile, to put it mildly, and been a locker room cancer, in literally every place he's played for, someone will still pay him multiple millions of dollars when his current deal is up.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He just doesn't like basketball. Probably forced into it because he was big, strong, coordinated/athletic. Still, he made a good living out of it.

He'll like it again if he's traded to Miami.

I don't like my job either, but I still show up to work every day and do the best I can.  If I was paid even 1/10th what Bynum gets paid, I would show up to work every day with a smile so wide it would look cartoonish.  I'm not going to feel bad for a guy making 12 million per year for mostly not playing.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Keyrock doesn't understand the human psyche. At all. Ever. Perhaps, money isn't everything to Bynum like it apparently it is to you.

As for finals predictions.. West is wide open with at least 6 teams with legit shot while in the East it is 95% likely Miami and 5% Indiana in a HUGE upset. The rest are just garbage.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bynum is pretty (in)famous for his attitude problems, general jerktitude, and lack of effort/laziness

EDIT: My picks

West

Spurs

Thunder

Clippers

Rockets and Warriors are iffy

East 

Heat 

I'd love to see whichever team draws the 8th seed upset the Heat and Miracle Max their way into the finals but now I'm just dreaming

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I make it a habit to never believe  teams trashing players since teams are known for lying and making up crap to paint the player is the bad guy when it actually is the team.

Cleveland is in meltdown mode. Anthony Bennet is giving Micheal Olowokandi a run for biggest #1 pick bust title and teammates are grumbling that Kyrie Irving has become a ball-hog (In his defense, I would be too if no one else can score). Then there is this whole Bynum conundrum. Sucks to be Dan Gilbert.

Look, players like Bynum are still human beings too, and yeah it's easy for us to cast stones and all. Then again, Bynum does carry some baggage with him -so there's history there too.

So...how about that Boogie Cousins? All Star??

In the interest of full disclosure, I revel in his on-court meltdowns. Entertaining stuff.

Yeah, doesn't he have the baggage of being a NBA champion and playing an important role?

Also, if he is so detrimental  to a team why are two of the better teams already salivating at the chance to have him (MIA and LAC)? Weird, huh? Why would a 2 time champion like the Heat feel the need to potentially sabotage   great team chemistry for such a 'loser'?

All Bynum is is a scapegoat for a disappointing Cavs squad who talked big time smack during the off season on how they would  be as good as Miami. LMAOi I blame the coach since he's one of the punks who made Cleveland lose the best player.

Edited by Volourn

Bottom line is that he quit on his team and he quit on his teammates. Teams will give a lot of leeway for 7 footers with tantalizing skills. He had to have crossed then ran a victory lap through again and around, and back and forth that line in order for Cleveland to kick him out.

He didn't quit on his team. His team quit on him. He didn't walk out. They kicked him out. The fact you are  are one of many who get suckered by the scumbag teams says everything that needs to be said.

Nope. I'm putting this on Bynum. If he's got a beef, he'll take it to the Union and if he's got a good case, arbitration will reward him.

If Latrell Sprewell got his money back for choking his coach, surely Bynum will get it back too, right??

• Like 1