Legends of Dawn (RPG) Kickstarter

Rabain

Just thought I'd give this a push here seeing as it is in its last 44 hours or so.

http://www.kickstart...legends-of-dawn

The game is scheduled for release in February (2013) so if you are looking for something to play around with while waiting for Project Eternity or just like supporting Indie games head on over.

Some quotes from the front page of their Kickstarter campaign;

This is not a game to appeal to casual gamers, it is a hardcore fantasy game with a large, diverse world filled with a lot of dangers, intrigue and mystery.

Unlike other games that have invisible walls in Legends Of Dawn there are no restrictions in how and where you want to go and what you want to do. From the very start, everything you do is completely up to you and howyou want to explore the world. Freedom and Exploration are the things that separate LoD from other games.

• Players are free to move in this nonlinear world, in any direction they choose. As long as they have the necessary items or skills to survive in the field
  • Combat and magic: A combination of Knight and Mage will work together without class restrictions and players have a wide choice of weapons or spells, they are able to use in combat
  • Discover different ways to use and combine more than 35 combat, creature lore, crafting, gathering, resistance and devotion skills
  • A complex crafting system with over 25.000 usable items, allows you to make everything from food, metal, wood, stone, leather to weapons and fashion armors
  • Unlocking System with Runes: using specific runes players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game
  • System of sacrifices: The 3 gods; Perun, Veles and Svarog each have their own shrines throughout the continent. Activating a shrine opens the sacrifice panel with options to sacrifice items and gain divine favours
  • Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background.

Holy Smoke, yet another RPG that seems to have huge potential.

We are really spoilt lately, its great. That lady developer gets the message across nicely. I couldn't place her accent, East European?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm going to donate to this project, it will only be $25 but I'm sure every cent counts :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The grammar in their Kickstarter is questionable (so is mine in all my posts). Could be a fun game, but it's not something I'll support via Kickstarter itself. I keep an eye on lots of projects that get funded, so if it turns out to be a good game, I might pick it up.

(This was posted in the wrong section.)

Why does this sound like a combination of Diablo, Kingdoms of Amalur and Skyrim? Oh, right, because its budget target was $25,000. Reading this text... it sounds like it's just mixing together elements of other games, while rebranding said elements and denigrating the games they're imitating.

If you pay attention (the writing isn't exactly coherent, it looks like they just didn't bother to include a few vital paragraphs, if they existed in the first place,) you'll find that the main storyline is a fetch-quest.

"Then they conjured up dark magic that would destroy the Dawn itself, but it was indestructible. However, they succeeded in shattering it into 23 pieces which they flung all over the world, hoping that the Dawn would never be put together again. The world of Narr awaits heroes, special mortals of pure spirit that would seek out the fragments and reassemble the Dawn. Balance and harmony must be restored to the world, for that is the only way to save it from total destruction."

Phrases of relevance bolded by me.

Edited by AGX-17