I think it's very important that P:E (or any RPG for that matter) has very clear tooltips, with detailed, precise info about items, skills, abilities and spells. Not Dragon Age: Origin's "This does a lot of damage" crap. I'd also like (preferably accessible ingame) every single mechanic being explained, so you actually know what the numbers mean, with numbers on the character sheet being benchmarked. Item comparison, with character's abilities taken into account, would also be handy to say the least. i.e., if you're good at swords, but suck at spears, and you're comparing a spear to a sword, take the character's skill with the sword into account in the comparison tooltip.

And for the Nay-sayers: an option to turn all this off. ;)

• Like 3

Recently tried some old old old school games (Finished Ultima 1, with a walkthrough to a start, just to understand basics. Am at the White Tower in Lands of Lore and it's a b**ch. 2nd town in M&M1). New found love for these classics, one of the reasons being I hardly know anything and have to cover a lot by Pen & Paper side by side. Drawing all the maps, writing and figuring out spells by myself and so on. Writing down Quests and Hints etc.

I love it! Though, I encounter some instances where I find it difficult to play. Ultima 2, I'm on my 4th character because it's quite different from 1st one and I haven't devoted myself to it either. Darklands seem amazing but I'm on the first page of the manual (have barely read anything). I would be fine with some basic information, "tooltips" if you will. But I would also want to flesh out the Spell descriptions (specifically) myself. I'd want to know the effects when I cast a spell, and not know before (forcing me to learn by "trial and error"). I'd also want to have it as an option, turn on/off.

I think it should say things like "Hammers are used for driving nails through wood, or extracting them! Hold a nail's pointy end against the wood and then swing the flat face of the hammer down onto the nail's head. Watch your fingers!"

Edited by AGX-17

I prefer to have the stats on hand over flavor text if they are short on time, although flavor text is still a plus.

Second the DA:O thing about useless tooltips. There's a decent mod out there that fixes most of it. I was surprised to find just how little the recommended stats for certain classes were actually used in skills (the tooltips say that cunning is used for skills...yea...like...2 skills on my rougue, that's it. Everything else was flat something or other).

Edited by limith

This should go without saying...

Making it that more said it has to be asked nowadays :/

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

* said should be sad... dammit :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee