Anthropomorphic animal races in Project Eternity?

What do you think?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would you tolerate anthropomorphic animal races (like the Khajiit in TES:Skyrim) in Project Eternity?

2. 2. Do you think humans are boring as a playable race? Is it arrogant to place ourselfs into every fantasy setting?

Failed experiments or god had sex with a donkey and behold unicorn, yes.

I laughed for about a minute.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The furries are secondary to the argument I think. I mean clearly we've seen in this thread evidence that even talk of furry races attracts furries, and I think we can all agree that furries are abhorrent mutants. The main discussion here is whether or not the animal head-human body archetype is tired, and under which circumstances.

Abhorrent mutants, eh? :D I really don't understand where all that hate is coming from but it kinda scares me. There will always be certain individuals in any group or (sub-)culture that act like total jerks, but that's just the way it is and the rest usually suffers due to the action of a few. If I met some of those that were described previously, I too wouldn't want anything to do with them. I don't want to know what they do in private and neither do I care to know. So yes, in that regard you are right, those are total idiots.

Now I've been part of that certain community you all hate so much for about 15 years, and I can say that it has been a great time and met lots of fun people you could party and enjoy life with. Of course there also has been people I despised and loathed, but as I said, that's bound to happen and you find them everywhere, no matter what their interests are. On the whole though there were lots of decent people that are fun to hang out with and who happen to enjoy the same art and life style.

Do we differ from the norm? Well, certainly, but that A doesn't harm anyone who isn't interested in it and B is for the most part, quite frankly, none of your damn business. Why would I constantly hate on things that I neither care about nor even like? There are lots of things in a game like PE that I don't like but do I hate on the people who ask for them? Of course not, I am glad they find their enjoyment in it and that's pretty much all I expect in return.

Ironically this thread and how some derail it with hateful posts reminds me of a similar thread on the SWTOR forums some time ago. There a similar wave of nauseating hate and intolerance swept over the boards, just that it wasnt furries that were the target, but gay people. Some of the "arguments" against anthro races here are worded almost exactly like the ones coming from those fanatical bigoted posters. It's pretty sad really. Why do people feel the need to hate on something so much, something that just happens to be different from a perceived norm but doesn't hurt anyone.

Ok, that's all I am going to say about this topic, and hopefully we can continue to have a civilised discussion about the original topic without the constant trolling and flaming. If you feel that you absolutely have to hate something, then please do so where noone else has to witness it. Thank you.

• Like 6

The furries are secondary to the argument I think. I mean clearly we've seen in this thread evidence that even talk of furry races attracts furries, and I think we can all agree that furries are abhorrent mutants. The main discussion here is whether or not the animal head-human body archetype is tired, and under which circumstances.

Abhorrent mutants, eh? :D I really don't understand where all that hate is coming from but it kinda scares me. There will always be certain individuals in any group or (sub-)culture that act like total jerks, but that's just the way it is and the rest usually suffers due to the action of a few. If I met some of those that were described previously, I too wouldn't want anything to do with them. I don't want to know what they do in private and neither do I care to know. So yes, in that regard you are right, those are total idiots.

Now I've been part of that certain community you all hate so much for about 15 years, and I can say that it has been a great time and met lots of fun people you could party and enjoy life with. Of course there also has been people I despised and loathed, but as I said, that's bound to happen and you find them everywhere, no matter what their interests are. On the whole though there were lots of decent people that are fun to hang out with and who happen to enjoy the same art and life style.

Do we differ from the norm? Well, certainly, but that A doesn't harm anyone who isn't interested in it and B is for the most part, quite frankly, none of your damn business. Why would I constantly hate on things that I neither care about nor even like? There are lots of things in a game like PE that I don't like but do I hate on the people who ask for them? Of course not, I am glad they find their enjoyment in it and that's pretty much all I expect in return.

Ironically this thread and how some derail it with hateful posts reminds me of a similar thread on the SWTOR forums some time ago. There a similar wave of nauseating hate and intolerance swept over the boards, just that it wasnt furries that were the target, but gay people. Some of the "arguments" against anthro races here are worded almost exactly like the ones coming from those fanatical bigoted posters. It's pretty sad really. Why do people feel the need to hate on something so much, something that just happens to be different from a perceived norm but doesn't hurt anyone.

Ok, that's all I am going to say about this topic, and hopefully we can continue to have a civilised discussion about the original topic without the constant trolling and flaming. If you feel that you absolutely have to hate something, then please do so where noone else has to witness it. Thank you.

How about this, why don't you start fighting the stereotype by NOT trying to inject your fetish into the game. You are right that it doesn't hurt anyone, but no one else wants to see it either, in fact, as this thread has proven, most people find it disgusting.

And you can quit it with the "most furries aren't weirdos blah blah blah" I think most of the people posting in this thread are internet savvy enough to know that that definitely is not the case...

P.S. Also its pretty retarded, not to mention offensive, to compare being gay, a sexual orientation you are born with, to being a furry, a gross fetish subculture you CHOOSE to take part in.

Edited by Mandragore
  • Like 1

If you feel that you absolutely have to hate something, then please do so where noone else has to witness it. Thank you.

Conversely, If you feel that you absolutely have to like pictures of sexed-up disney animals, then please do so where noone else has to witness it. Thank you.

There is nothing inherently wrong with imagined other races in games, films, books, or other media, even if they're based on animals. They've been around for centuries, from gods to enemies of gods and other legends. It's nothing new. I think some doth protest too much.

Millions loved the movie Avatar with giant blue cat people with tails. I doubt all those millions were "furries." Sometimes people just like to imagine other intelligent races/cultures besides humanity itself ("we're not alone"), and since our world is all we know, entertainment imagination tends to take pieces from those examples ... like animals. Or plants. Even if it's a giant talking mineral cube, it's going to talk and think somewhat like a human being would, other wise audiences wouldn't comprehend/relate to it. Whatever. All it means is that 99.99999999% of humans have a difficult time imagining (or relating to) a lifeform that's truly outside of what they already know.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How about this, why don't you start fighting the stereotype by NOT trying to inject your fetish into the game. You are right that it doesn't hurt anyone, but no one else wants to see it either, in fact, as this thread has proven, most people find it disgusting.

And you can quit it with the "most furries aren't weirdos blah blah blah" I think most of the people posting in this thread are internet savvy enough to know that that definitely is not the case...

P.S. Also its pretty retarded, not to mention offensive, to compare being gay, a sexual orientation you are born with, to being a furry, a gross fetish subculture you CHOOSE to take part in.

It's not that you can't see the forest from the tree, it's that you choose not to. I have to say, I have rarely encountered such passionate hate during my life.

It's not proven that ppl born gay/hetero and it's neither proven that ppl "learn" to be gay/hetero. What you fail to see, that there are great many ppl between on a scale between gay and hetero. Some prefer both genders to the same extent, some prefer women more, and some prefer men more.

Consider this situation: Two man are cought by surprise by their wives while having sex, does it make them 100% gay?

Or this: you have two best friends but they hate eachother, do you stop being the friend of one of them just becouse the other hates him/her?

You see the world in black and white while refusing to aknowledge that there's only grey and it's shades.

Dear mods and devs, please forgive me for starting this thread, could you please close it down before we turn it into an allout war?

(we can't even fire the orbital friendship cannon, their hateshield is too strong, we need the elements of harmony xd )

• Like 1

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves: You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin (RIP!)

No forgiveness needed/required, necromate. :) Btw, I like your sig. Long live Carlin.

Closed by request.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts