If a Dragon Army arrived..

FRAK NO!!!!

No dragon taming! Dragons have been sooooo overused in every fantasy that they lost any and ALL mystique they had. There is no more awe and wonder at it. No respect. No fear.

Dragon armor

Dragon sword

Dragon mounts

Dragon magic

Dragon blood

Dragon this, dragon that.

TO. HELL. WITH. DRAGONS.

If there is to be a dragon in PE I want there to be just one. A big, majestic creature that WTFPWNS a max-level party. You need an army (literaly) to beat one.

How about some other mythical creature for a change?

phoenix.png

black_dragon_and_phoenix.jpg

PhoenixBird.jpg

phoenix_by_genzoman-d3cqnzj.jpg

Infinitely superior t a dragon in every way. And not evil to boot.

Altough one might ask - why put a creature in if you're not gonna slay it? Maybe because not everything in the world exist to be killed?

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Altough one might ask - why put a creature in if you're not gonna slay it? Maybe because not everything in the world exist to be killed?

Great question and great post (post-introduction). Phoenix's are amazingly graceful, ancient and beautiful :)

No dragon taming! Dragons have been sooooo overused in every fantasy that they lost any and ALL mystique they had. There is no more awe and wonder at it. No respect. No fear.

This isn't every fantasy. This is Project: Eternity. I can understand the worry-some "Don't do it like all of them other fools, fool". If you have suggestions, make it "Better. Faster. Stronger.". I liked what you said about just having 1 really strong Dragon/Ancient Beast in the game (Beatable or unbeatable, a wise legendary ancient Beast and not just some "Loot" but some personality and umphf to it), I just don't know if you would have to have an entire Army to defeat one, just a strong enough party.

I like the finishing move you do on Flemeth (or any Dragon in Dragon Age: Origins) which gives some feeling/narration of how a "Humanoid" party could take out a giant monster.

Edited by Osvir

Great question and great post (post-introduction). Phoenix's are amazingly graceful, ancient and beautiful :)

Indeed. Interestingly enough, going by myths there is only one Phoenix. Singular.

Phoenix imagry and myths are found in almost every culture - from Chiina and Japan to India, europe and america.

Symbolicly it has stood for:

destruction, hope, renewal, death, fire, perserverance, life, beuty, freedom, wisdom, power, immorality, eternity, etc...

This isn't every fantasy.

K, jumped the gun there. Was more of a figure of speech anywhoo.

I just don't know if you would have to have an entire Army to defeat one, just a strong enough party.

Have no? That depdends on the writer/designer, but it would really get the power of the creature to show and make for a different than usual fare.

When's the last time you took on a giant monster with outside help?

• Like 1

League of Legend, Baron. Roshan in DotA. These two are very simplistic examples in a simplistic (competitive) game and they serve as a representation this "High Threat Legendary Beast". For a game like Project: Eternity I would hope it'd be a little bit more.. dynamic. To draw a picture; it could mean that Baron or Roshan would walk around the map at some points instead of "standing still".

You might yell "Blasphemous!" but I heard that Onyxia was very interesting (long ago, when WoW was still "fresh") to fight where you needed a really big group to defeat it. Haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.

League of Legend, Baron. Roshan in DotA. These two are very simplistic examples in a simplistic (competitive) game and they serve as a representation this "High Threat Legendary Beast". For a game like Project: Eternity I would hope it'd be a little bit more.. dynamic. To draw a picture; it could mean that Baron or Roshan would walk around the map at some points instead of "standing still".

You might yell "Blasphemous!" but I heard that Onyxia was very interesting (long ago, when WoW was still "fresh") to fight where you needed a really big group to defeat it. Haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.

I dota 2 Diretide, roshan enrages and chases you everywhere :) so fun

Only boring people get bored

Nothing of those really count. Not only are those MMO's and multiplayer games, but everyone a PC there and bosses are boring HP sponges.

Immagine a fight where hunderds of soldiers rush at a dragon with spears and arrows, while it kills them by the dozens. You use that distraction to flank it. Trick it by droping a large boulder on it. Lure it in range of ballistas. Things like that.

Nothing of those really count.

The different distinction between League of Legends and Baldur's Gate is that one is Single Player Party Based, the other is Multiplayer Party Based. I'd be damned if League of Legends was not inspired by Baldur's Gate and similar top down RPG's.

It is very​ relevant. League of Legends is the number 1 most popular Multiplayer Competitive Game played. It is Top Down and there are many Tactical Formations and inspirations that can be had from LoL (it is almost 6 party members versus 6 party members after all ;)), and as I said, Baron and Roshan are representing that Ancient Beast that we see in a Single Player game, and they both serve their purpose as intended in both Dota and LoL.

Moving on:

Immagine a fight where hunderds of soldiers rush at a dragon with spears and arrows, while it kills them by the dozens. You use that distraction to flank it. Trick it by droping a large boulder on it. Lure it in range of ballistas. Things like that.

Personally one of the worst bosses ever was the Archdemon in Dragon Age: Origins, don't want to go there again (^This quote pretty much by the way).

Edited by Osvir

FRAK NO!!!!

Dragon armor

Dragon sword

Dragon mounts

Dragon magic

Dragon blood

Dragon this, dragon that.

TO. HELL. WITH. DRAGONS.

If there is to be a dragon in PE I want there to be just one. A big, majestic creature that WTFPWNS a max-level party. You need an army (literaly) to beat one.

How about some other mythical creature for a change?

phoenix.png

black_dragon_and_phoenix.jpg

PhoenixBird.jpg

phoenix_by_genzoman-d3cqnzj.jpg

Infinitely superior t a dragon in every way. And not evil to boot.

False, if I see a big honking fiery bird, I'm going to want to kill and loot it. Phoenix feathers are worth good money around these parts.

please, no dragons or at least handle it in more orginal way than gigant lizard that we need to kill with informed ability about being clever, and inteligent, use some other creature, how about feyfolk, we never see any good representation of fey folk , usually they are made in to little fairys rather than slenderman monstrosites.

AND IF you need to bring dragon, than took note from iron kingdoms, rather than classic DnD aka dragons, are great old ones of the universal eldritch abominations that don't even need to look like Dragons, why don't more people go this way?

Kragon? Giant Octupus or Tentacle monster?

wallpaper001-1280x1024.jpg

I didn't notice it before but there seems to be something sinister controlling all of the purple/dark elf/zombie/humanoid-things.

EDIT: And it seems like it could be the tentacle monster or something else off-screen... Necromancy?

Edited by Osvir

Infinitely superior to a dragon in every way. And not evil to boot.

False, if I see a big honking fiery bird, I'm going to want to kill and loot it. Phoenix feathers are worth good money around these parts.

Good luck with that.

Not only it would murderdeathkill you, but if you somehow do manage to kill it, it would instantly explode in fire an all that would be left are ashes.

From which it would be reborn, renewed and invigorated, ready to whoop your ass.

The only way you'll get a feather from it is if you ask nicely.

Infinitely superior to a dragon in every way. And not evil to boot.

Good luck with that.

Not only it would murderdeathkill you, but if you somehow do manage to kill it, it would instantly explode in fire an all that would be left are ashes.

From which it would be reborn, renewed and invigorated, ready to whoop your ass.

The only way you'll get a feather from it is if you ask nicely.

lovin the demolition man refrences bro