Why bother with faith?

Prosper

I put my faith in reason and logic.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Wrath of Dagon

You should actually read the article you linked. Shortly after the top line:

According to this line of thinking, the Earth should have already been colonized, or at least visited. But no convincing evidence of this exists. Furthermore, no confirmed signs of intelligence elsewhere have been spotted, either in our galaxy or the more than 80 billion other galaxies of the observable universe. Hence Fermi's question "Where is everybody?".

In an informal discussion in 1950, the physicist Enrico Fermi questioned why, if a multitude of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations exists in the Milky Way galaxy, evidence such as spacecraft or probes is not seen.

That would be a typical self-centered human view point though. It's based on the assumption that we are important enough for other species to pay attention to, not to mention worth the effort to send space junk in our direction.

Just waiting for ESA or NASA or some such to discover a probe floating by with the message "Greetings, I'm Zzxzxcc from the 6443 system. I worked as a treasurer for the former benevolent dictator and need your help to relocate the planetary funds of the former regime..."

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That would be a typical self-centered human view point though. It's based on the assumption that we are important enough for other species to pay attention to, not to mention worth the effort to send space junk in our direction.

Just waiting for ESA or NASA or some such to discover a probe floating by with the message "Greetings, I'm Zzxzxcc from the 6443 system. I worked as a treasurer for the former benevolent dictator and need your help to relocate the planetary funds of the former regime..."

The laws of probability would probably mean that by now we should have made first contact, unless the conspiracy theorists are right and aliens are running a sort of Truman Show on planet Earth.

If so....Oh my God I'm on Television!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif