progression updates

Following the thread about is "4 million going to be enough" there was a crowd sourced project by another company that was fully funded and they were making short video updates on things happening during development. I assume there are going to be developer descriptions of things happening with screen shots, brainstorming sessions, and such. Maybe people sitting at their workstations with a microwave burrito and stack of empty redbull cans.

The obsidian folks have been great about these kind of updates during the fund raising process but are these kind of updates going to be a regular thing or is it going to taper off you think?

Well, I suppose they save most for the developer documentary that will be released with the game.

However that doesn't exclude the snippet here and there for PR-purposes. So I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm just expecting that they will do updates at about the same rate as some of the other Kickstarter cRPG projects. Perhaps once or twice a month as with Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2. Don't really see a benefit to doing video clips, but maybe that's their preferred style?

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

They said it'll take a few weeks(2 to 3) for kickstarter to finalize its transactions and for obsidian to have solid amount of money in hand before they really lay out a development process and assign developers to each area and so on. I figure that for the next month or two updates will be scarce but we'll likely get more once development is fully underway. Beyond that I wouldn't look at Shadowrun and Wasteland 2 for much of an indication of how Obsidian will do things...I'm pretty sure it'll be different.

1zq6793.jpg

• 1 year later...

4 Million is just what we see, I am sure they made wayy more since then. They are constantly making money because you can still pledge from their website.Example Star Citizen. They have displayed 2.1 million but they have made over 35 million. I know this is no star citizen but just using it as an example

Doing involved updates takes man hours out of the work day that could otherwise be being used on the game. I would love to see more videos etc but apparently that takes a few hours+ and a few team members off the job.

I can understand why we don't get them any more. Although I do think that some of the filler updates are a bit light on text.

4 Million is just what we see, I am sure they made wayy more since then. They are constantly making money because you can still pledge from their website.Example Star Citizen. They have displayed 2.1 million but they have made over 35 million. I know this is no star citizen but just using it as an example

$4.5m was the final number.