What could have been done better.

I keep hearing this stuff about add-ons as if they were only put out there in an effort to beg for more money like they were trying to con you out of your dollars by promising more stuff - did anyone even consider that the original goal was only 1.1M and when that was met in the first 27 hours that it became obvious that there was a good possibility that much higher numbers would be reached?

Doesn't it then follow that it was important to them to make plans for what this higher revenue could be utilized for? Would you have prefered they just sit back and watch the dollars roll in without offering input on what those dollars will mean to the expanded game design features?

Would you prefer if they just cut off the kickstarter after the original goal and said - ok we got what we wanted no sense in trying to make a bigger better game?

Oh wait - this is the internet where everyone you deal with is the evil empire - I forgot - never mind... :banghead:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

What I liked the most were the streamings. They were fun, relaxed, we had direct feedbacks, we could fool around, get to know the team better, it was done in a convivial atmosphere. Also allowed us to feel more "at home". More concerned, a better immersion, to feel somehow part of the team. Plus, Adam is cool, he was nice and funny, need more Adam. (The fact he likes cats and now has my funny picture has is avatar has nothing to do with that last comment. *Pockets the 100 bucks discretly*)

What could have been done better? Maybe one or two more "screenshots", I could have used more sample musics as well and more forum life, but that's nitpicking on my part.

Edited by The Mist Devil

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I thought it went really well. This was my first KS. The only thing I would say is that next time, the should have stretch goals planned out even for budgets they don't think they'll hit. Obsidian is a very well loved company and I wasn't surprised that they hit $3 or $4 mil at the end. People have been playing their games and loving them for a long while - something a lot of the other KS companies didn't have was name recognition.

I'm going to tell you right now, Double Fine has an audience just as big and just as dedicated as Obsidian's audience. Double Fine's designers have just as much clout in the hardcore "PC Adventure Game" niche as Obsidian do in the "PC RPG" niche, if not more. Tim Schafer is many, many things, but he's NOT lacking in name recognition, I assure you.

I thought it went really well. This was my first KS. The only thing I would say is that next time, the should have stretch goals planned out even for budgets they don't think they'll hit. Obsidian is a very well loved company and I wasn't surprised that they hit $3 or $4 mil at the end. People have been playing their games and loving them for a long while - something a lot of the other KS companies didn't have was name recognition.

I'm going to tell you right now, Double Fine has an audience just as big and just as dedicated as Obsidian's audience. Double Fine's designers have just as much clout in the hardcore "PC Adventure Game" niche as Obsidian do in the "PC RPG" niche, if not more. Tim Schafer is many, many things, but he's NOT lacking in name recognition, I assure you.

Well obviously I wasn't talking about his eminence, Mr. Schafer. I'm talking about KS that haven't been doing as well as DFA or WL. Mr. Fargo is also quite well-recognized, being the one who started Interplay after all...

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

A publisher getting involved is a clear sign that the game was a big financial success, so big it can't be ignored. That is a good sign for the genre and it's long term viability, not to mention Obsidian's fiscal future. Them coming back to kickstarter is not. Self publishing is more expensive and time consuming than what many posters seem to think it is.

For starters they signed up to "kicking it forward", so... well... they HAVE to. Which has nothing to do with success or failure.

Also a publisher getting involved would be a clear sign of FAILURE. As this project was definitely intended to be made without a publisher haunting them and shipping unfinished products for a change. Dare I remind you of KOTOR2?

Hmmmm, well they got the money for their self-publishing. Also with Steam, GOG and similar digital stores one no longer needs physical copies (as much as I like physical), which cuts out a large part of the publishers workload). And those who do with a physical can order per Kickstarter (or probably later store) still not finding them in actual stores around the world. I don't quite see what's so time-consuming or expansive about that. Steam/GOG take a far less smaller cut than retailers and publishers.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee