Imagine, travelling through highland (possibly rocky montane area) around the rocky corner of the road you hear some not so distant sound of blast and rockfall on the way ahead (possibly down the pass or on the other side of linn/combe/ravine). Later you see that way (road) was blocked by rockfall you've heard and, when approached the site, you see dead bodies in white torn robes and body parts scattered among the rocks all around the place. Searching around you discover one laying male person that moving his limbs like still alive. Man, middle aged, wear white bloody robe above strange suit, with blood on his face flowing from empty orbits, presumably suffering from internal bleeding and damage or fractures, apparently in state of delirium with symptoms of terminal state. Man raving some words on unknown language and then losing his conscious. you and companions managed to heal him a bit and he's still alive; but not for long, and you need to decide: whether to take a stranger to nearby village by sending one of companions (who will try to keep man alive up to transferring this man to local medicaster) and possibly save man's life, or (considering weak chances for man's survival and assuming apparent uselessness of that man to campaign) to leave him and continue quest with so needed companion. All words you managed to catch, before man fall unconscious - "parallel dimension", "black hole", "collapse", "earth destroyed" - you failed to understand. Patch on man's robe pictured two circles and hieroglyphs formed "CERN" pattern. :)

Edited by turboprop

מְנֵא מְנֵא תְקֵל וּפַרְסֵין

Do you really think blind nuclear physicist (you don't even know he is) will be useful, don't you?

This is exactly the scenario that a misericord was invented for ...

- such a cruel medieval world...

Edited by turboprop

I think would be interesting to see, if game would have had collected statistics of % of players who actually saved this npc.

If i ask myself: what i'd understand after reading words "earth destroyed"? It may be hard question to answer, even though i remember that i'm playing medieval RPG.