Possibility of getting the art book seperately from the $250 tier?

I was wondering if it is possible for us pledgers to have an add on to our pledge that will include a copy of the art book. As much as I want to go for the $250 pledge, I just don't think I can go that far. Is it possible to maybe include a softcover version at a lower tier? Or maybe have the artbook as an add on to one of our tiers if we pledge for instance an extra $50 or so. I would even settle for a softcover only edition. As much as I want to support the game, it kills me that this is limited to the $250 and up tiers.

This would be extremely ill-advised. By lowering major rewards down tiers (they already lowered the $500 hardcover to $250), Obsidian is encouraging those high backers to drop their pledges for a cheaper alternative. It's risky and can also create a sense of disappointment that Obsidian is changing, even reneging the relative value of higher to tiers after people already backed for specific rewards. Double-edged sword.

Any further changes to the tiers should be pure additions of new things.

p.s. There is exclusivity everywhere in life. This is a privilege, not a right.

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Yeah it's kind of a shame that something that usually comes with most other collectors editions for $150 or less would be confined to this type of pricing. I do hope they consider this anyways. Would it be fair to maybe offer it as maybe a $50-100 or so add on? In my eyes, they won't be down downgrading any of the other tiers and it will simply be an add on for some more money similar to an extra digital copy or the beta.

I know the feeling, I love getting artbooks for things but am fortunate enough to be able to afford this one.

There is the possibility that they might let you upgrade pledges after the Kickstarter has ended like Wasteland 2 did. I don't think we've had any official word on that yet. So if they did you could probably increase your pledge a bit at a time until you finally got what you want.

And they did recently change the 250 softcover art book to hardcover, which may mean that the softcover will pop up in a lower tier. Or maybe they did that because they couldn't create the softcover version or it would be too much trouble. Not sure, would be nice if we could get confirmation on some of these things.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that something that usually comes with most other collectors editions for $150 or less would be confined to this type of pricing. I do hope they consider this anyways. Would it be fair to maybe offer it as maybe a $50-100 or so add on? In my eyes, they won't be down downgrading any of the other tiers and it will simply be an add on for some more money similar to an extra digital copy or the beta.

And this is where it went wrong for me. I bumped up to $140 for the beta key, but as soon as Obs split it out for that cheap, I dropped to $58 without the beta key (figured they'd get a ton of testers by then). :p Now if an exclusive is split off at a higher value, like $100 for the book or something, that might work out, I dunno. It's a risk to play with existing tiers is all.

Since Obs is being all schizophrenic about the rewards, I'm waiting until the last day to see where everything is.

p.s.: KS isn't a preorder storefront, but in actual practice, that's what people are expecting, for better or worse...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

If Obsidian set up a proper store, unrelated to Kickstarter I hope they create a Obsidian art book, again unrelated to the PE collectors book. No idea what fun that might entail in legal shenanigans with regards to publishing art from their licensed titles but would love to see it. I love art books so I would love to see showcases of the artists work unrelated to games.

• Like 1

If Obsidian set up a proper store, unrelated to Kickstarter I hope they create a Obsidian art book, again unrelated to the PE collectors book. No idea what fun that might entail in legal shenanigans with regards to publishing art from their licensed titles but would love to see it. I love art books so I would love to see showcases of the artists work unrelated to games.

That would be fine.

I do not want to see Obsidian 'devaluing' the tiers. I paid more mainly for two reasons: I want to support them to the max of allowance, and well I want the good stuff. If the good stuff starts appearing at the lower tiers, there is this nagging voice saying I am over spending. It is like I can spend less and still support them and get what I had wanted. These days the dollars and cents count. I know I am donating but that does not shut off that nagging voice.

We can just not add it in a lower tier. But instead have it as an add on like the beta or additional digital copy. As of now, I am content with buying just a digital copy of the game or the normal box version and paying say $50 to around $100 for the art book. In all honesty, I don't believe that making an add on for the art book devalues the higher tiers in any way. If we are expected to pledge say around $100 bucks for the art book alone, I'd say that is pretty fair. You're still getting your autographs to other exclusives like the elite cloth map and your name in the credits.