Questions: specialization within the class system

Though there will be classes, will there be some kind of specialization possible within that system. The old IE games had kits, style/weapon proficiency points and thieving skills. Newer 3E games have feats and skills. My questions for any devs that care to answer are thus:

1. Will PE have specialization within the class system in addition to the announced non-combat skills?

2. If so, what will this look like? Will there be feats, skills, and/or what?

3. If PE will have specialization within the class system, what do you envision to be the extent of that specialization? Passive bonuses, active abilities, etc etc.

4. If PE will have specialization within the class system, will that specialization be class based or not. In other words will the options, such as passive weapon specialization or perhaps even active ability selection vary from class to class?

I am sure. That video us WHY I am asking. From what has been said, it is evident much has already spit balled and discussed. It is also clear they have things they want and a direction. Since we are not privvy to those discussions we do not know where they are at here. They may not be able to answer all questions above in detail, but they may well have a vision and direction for the class system as it pertains to specialization.

I would hope for a feat based customization system over a Diablo like skill tree customization.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hope Project Eternity stays away from something like prestige classes. If the skill/feat system is robust enough I think it that would be enough rather than splitting into a multitude of super-specialized sub-classes or hybrid-classes.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They won't need prestige classes if they have good multiclassing. PrCs are something 3E came up with as a bandaid fix for its poor multiclassing system.

Yeah, that was my thought. The prestige class system was a way to compensate for limitations of the core D&D system and it worked but it made character planning, creation, and advancement quite tedious. If the skill system in made flexible and robust enough and there is, as you wrote, good multi-classing, then prestige classes become completely unnecessary.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks