Which artistic style do you prefer for artwork?

Which artistic style do you prefer?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which artistic style do you prefer for concept art?

• similar to the Dwarf Ranger image
    • similar to Edair and Cadegund images
  2. 2. If these images were to be used as portraits, which would you prefer?

• Dwarf Ranger style
    • Edair and Cadegund style

I don't particulary like you either, actually.

I don't mind it. I don't care about you at all, so it's not really a problem for me.

So, why is Witcher's art direction so great. And please don't tell me it's *realistic*.

Because it's at the same time detailed, stylish and in may ways even historically accurate/believable (especially when it comes to armors)?

Historically accurate? O_o

From Sawyer's Formspring

Was the design revised because of the fan backslash or did you have the other version ready before? Also, did you want to *test the waters* with the boob plate design?

We had discussed various versions of the breastplate before the PA article went up. Reactions to the one on the PA site caused us to go with a more traditional breastplate for the final design

Edited by C2B

I don't mind there being bright scenes, but some developers seem to confuse a bright day with a day where the sky has been completely whited out by the overuse of bloom . . . or did you just mean that sometimes 3D models can look a bit plastic by the shiny comment? Heh.

I'm not a fan of bloom myself...but I mean things like every puddle of water (even indoors), and a lot of the other textures (walls, armor, floors, even dirt floors) has an almost polished marble reflective shine to it. I prefer more matte and less shine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Historically accurate? O_o

Actually that's not too far from the truth. CDPR artists heavily referenced period costume and armor which is what gives the world a believable and grounded aesthetic. It sounds like PE will be taking a similar approach given what we've seen so far although I expect it to lean more towards high fantasy. Of the poll options here, I personally like Edair's costume the best. And I'm glad they got rid of the boob plate armor.

Edited by licketysplit