Kotor II on steam version

Well, I did buy this from Steam and thought it really was Windows 7 compatible... Turns out it is not.

I can see the two loading movies, the company logos, and BAM. Crash.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: swkotor2.exe

Application Version: 2.2.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4226a88a

Fault Module Name: ig4icd32.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f67b14d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000148c8

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1035

Additional Information 1: 7456

Additional Information 2: 745613ab99b452a52bfaab804110fcc1

Additional Information 3: 15b1

Additional Information 4: 15b104ca112f131f13e1e12c03b30f94

System information:

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz

RAM

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (LGA1155)

Graphics

BENQ G2320HD (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel

Edited by 00Engineer

Hi 00Engineer, the file you're crashing in is inside Intel's OpenGL implementation (ig4icd32.dll), which would lead me to believe it's your video driver. Do you have the latest video driver installed for your Intel HD 3000?

Suggestions:

1) Try out Intel's Driver Update Utility

2) Try out the latest drivers, which look to be from May 24th, 2012.

Let us know how that goes!

Updated the drivers as there was a new one available, but sadly no luck:

Application Version: 2.2.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4226a88a

Fault Module Timestamp: 4fba7fae

Exception Offset: 00014898

Locale ID: 1035

Additional Information 3: 15b1

Additional Information 4: 15b104ca112f131f13e1e12c03b30f94

Same problem reported here by other users: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2900013

Funny enough, I was able to move a bit "forward" by setting the Texture Quality to 3 in .ini-file. Now the intro movies wont show up, but a black screen. When I move my mouse cursor to the sides of the screen, it appears to be "Kotor" styled. The game will however crash, maybe the dark side is my destiny..

Edited by 00Engineer

Random suggestion, but try and turn off the in-game overlay. You can find that under properties from the steam library.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey I registered here to say that I'm having the same problem with this.

System specs:

Core i5 2500K 4.5GHz (stock or overclocked makes no difference)

8GB DDR3

Asus Essence STX

60GB SSD/1TB HDD

Silverstone 600W (strider plus)

Windows 7 Ult. x64

Problem:

Problem signature:

Application Version: 2.1.0.0

Application Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 0074e579

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 3: a2b8

Additional Information 4: a2b82fcb7f9f960928352157ff32cbf5

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

(I am using the UniWS fix which doesn't work with the steam version because of encrypted executable, hence version 2.1.0.0 instead of 2.2.0.0 - it still happens either way)

I even have the same problem with the original kotor:

Problem signature:

Application Name: swkotor.exe

Application Version: 1.0.3.0

Application Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 0074e579

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: be9b

Additional Information 2: be9bf493184e8a1cc6dbc11c84c53984

Additional Information 3: a099

Additional Information 4: a0997196efb56d84f9f4ce5a43974546

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Edited by LinkinMcOwnage

I'm playing it now (with TSLRCM 1.8.1), the only "issue" so far is a strange being stuck thing after combat. Forward and backward movement with the keyboard seems paralyzed for several seconds, but eventually it unfreezes. I can turn around and if there are containers nearby I can click on them and walk there no problem. It just doesn't care about the forward and backward key for a while there. It's not stopping me from playing, just a minor nuisance.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Vsync fixes that.

However (for me) it turns the game into a slide-show, so I rather take the occassional "being stuck" above that.

Save+Reload does the trick too.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hmm, I might just give vsync a try. Slideshow, huh? Now you've made me curious :p

Hit a slight snatch that killed the game after selecting a dialogue choice (application has stopped working etc.). Back to recent save. Luckily I didn't just rely on autosaves, remembering something about them not being as frequent as in say FO:NV (every area/locale transition). Almost made it to the Peragus dormitories.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What option?

Did you try it again after loading your save?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

What option?

Nah, it was after 2:00 at night, so I thought I better get some sleep. I just checked I had a save from 10 minutes earlier before shutting down. I'll get back to it tonight again.

What option?

Nah, it was after 2:00 at night, so I thought I better get some sleep. I just checked I had a save from 10 minutes earlier before shutting down. I'll get back to it tonight again.

I didn't run into it again (might have been the option, might have been a random fluke and the engine crashing). It was in the very first dialogue with HK51 next to the dead engineer whatshisname. Made it to Telos without problems and the "lag" after combat seems more or less gone without having changed any settings. Turned that I had vsynch on all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, backing up my Steam folder, but now I struggle to remember where my Kotor2 saves go. I wonder if the are in the Documents and Settings folder, Program Files (x86) etc. folder or my Steam folder?

Steam folder. I doubt they changed that...

^

• 9 months later...

Hi I recently purchased star wars knights of the old republic 2 the sith lords from steam having played it in the past on my xbox. 

However I seem to be having some problems with it with the biggest ones being the black screen that shows up after watching one of the in game cinamatics . The game is still running and i can still hear the in game music but there is no image at all. 

I tried to exit to windows and back into the game which sometimes works but now it doesn't seem to have any effect at all 

Can anyone provide some tips on how to solve this please? 

my specs are listed below 

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD K12 47 °C
Llano 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 3566 (Socket FS1) 47 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6520G (HP) 47 °C
Hard Drives
733GB Hitachi Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 SATA Disk Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SN-208BB SATA CdRom Device
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

ps steam listed the game as being playable on windows 7 which seems incorrect 

• 4 weeks later...

Never say never, but it's quite doubtful. I was surprised that KOTOR 1 got an iOs port not that long ago.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...

How's the interface on iOs?

I tried to replay Kotor1 (steam version), but the UI is just too horrible. Still stuck on Taris and I doubt I'm ever going to leave :wacko:

At least I got to finish the Kotor2 Steam version with the TSLRC mod.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem and solved it! First I should tell you a bit about what happened:

I have a Dell laptop, Core i-7, Windows 7 Pro 64bit with an integrated Intel graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 3000 ?)

Back around August 2013, I installed SW KOTOR2 from Steam. I started playing and everything was great. So we now know for a fact that the game works with Intel's integrated chipsets and that it does run on Win 7 Pro 64b...  Now a couple of weeks later, in October 2013, I decided to install Mass Effect, also from Steam.

Mass Effect 1 installs smoothly and the game launches BUT ! The game starts crashing almost randomly, seemingly more on the menu screen. Always I get a little window on my desktop telling me "This program needs to close... APPCRASH, etc." I also remeber that message mentionning a .dll file, possibly a x64 driver. So I then had a problem with Mass Effect 1.

Trying to solve this Mass Effect 1 application crash, I finally end up on Intel's website to use their online "Check your system for updates". I do that and it does find a newer graphics adapter/driver, installs automatically and reboots. Once booted back up, I try Mass Effect and no more crashes since then !

But then I wanted to play KOTOR2 again. So I launch as usual from Steam and that's when I got the message in this forum, same thing, can't play anything as the error message appears right after the Obsidian logo :

APPCRASH ... module :  ig4icd32.dll.

So now Mass Effect was fine but SW KOTOR2 was broken :( So I searched my system for ig4icd32.dll and I found 2 versions. One that was modified recently, about the same time that I updated my drivers and the other that dated from a few years back. So I backed up the most current one and in it's place (C:\Windows\SysWOW64) I put the older one. So that's it, now both Mass Effect works (it hasn't crashed yet, I'll update the message if it does) and SW KOTOR2 also works ! Below are the filesize of ig4icd32.dll

Filename       Size                           Version

ig4icd32.dll    (15,051,368 bytes)    8.17.12.6883                             // Use this version for Star Wars KOTOR 2 !

ig4icd32.dll    (10,812,416 bytes)    9.17.10.3223                             // Use this version if you have any problems with ME1.

I hope this helps folks !