The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

"If you couldn't call Crosby injury-prone before this season, you definitely can now. Broken jaw in yesterday's game. "

Nope. He's not injury prone. It was a freak accident.

He is prone to injury, doesn't mean all his injuries aren't freak accidents. Maybes he's freak accident prone. Either way he's missing games.

Edited by Krookie

I like how the 2nd round pick turns into a 1st if the Bruins make the conference finals.  That seems like a pretty good deal for both teams.  I'm not sure if it makes the Bruins good enough to compete with the Pens, I think it depends on what indefinitely means for Crosby.

It sounds just about like the deal for Iginla, except Boston was offering a second round pick, which would have been bumped to a first if he resigned with the Bruins.

The returns for most of these players isn't very impressive, IMO

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Trade deadline day: Where more conditional 6th round picks get moved than the other 364 days combined!

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I used to take deadline day off of work. After a couple of years watching analysts look at their phones, I decided there were better things to do.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ooooooooh! This seems to be the year of the conditional 7th round pick.

EDIT: Watch out! The often underestimated 4th round pick has just caught up and tied the conditional 7th round pick. Who will emerge the victor?

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Sharks have Raffi Torres now.

All I know is my Hawks are going to play the Sharks at some time during the playoffs, and Torres will have an illegal hit to someone in the back of the head. My guess is that it will be Toews this time.

All I know is my Hawks are going to play the Sharks at some time during the playoffs, and Torres will have an illegal hit to someone in the back of the head. My guess is that it will be Toews this time.

Ugh, the idea of this makes me very upset.  Torres has injured a few Sharks over the years and I consider him a dirty hitter who looks to injure others.  I'm aghast.

Ugh, the idea of this makes me very upset.  Torres has injured a few Sharks over the years and I consider him a dirty hitter who looks to injure others.  I'm aghast.

He should have been kicked out of the league years ago.

Why sports talk radio can make me scream: I think it was Nick Kyprios who basically complimented Torres for his cleaner play so far that he has exhibited this year. He just got back from being suspended for 25... errr..... 21 games for the hit to Marion Hossa in the first round last year. Is that the gold star standard for him? 2 months of not injuring anybody with illegal hits?

I remember Torres laid out Michalek(?) in the Oilers playoff run back in '06. I called it borderline at the time, because he was playing for my team, but, yeah, he hits dirty. And hard.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Gaborik to Columbus? I bet he's not thrilled about that!"

he's estatic! he ahd a no trade clause and promptly waievd.  I don't blame him - Torturchuips is a career destroyer!

This 6-1 drubbing of Pens is a smoke screen. We'll go abck to winning 2-1 or 3-2 very soon when Torturechips starts bashing Clowe and co for scoring goals as Torturchips hates goalscoring.

I want Rangers to do well, but there is a part of me that hopes Ranegrs miss playoffs so that peice of crap gets ****canned.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm surprised he was traded.  Was San Jose really "sellers" at the deadline this year?

He was a UFA at the end of the year, and the word was they weren't going to pay much for him.  It makes sense when you look at the Sharks, they are struggling with team speed, but they've got all these playmakers that need speedy guys to hit with their passes.  Clowe has a great shot, but this season he's just struggled to get into position.  The change of scenery will probably help his game.

San Jose has raided the farm system for too long, so they need to rebuild the prospect list, and they did so by letting go of UFA's.  Not a total rebuild, but close to one.  They still have a pretty solid group of talent on the team.