My consular is useless--Help!

I have a level 25 sentinel/sith lord (15/10 split) on Korriban, and none of my force powers seem to be working. My Wis+Cha is 11, so the DC for most of my powers is (level + Wis + Cha modifiers + 5), which is 41.

From the combat log, against Sith assassins:

Player uses Force Scream:

Sith Assassin Will save. Success! 74(Roll 14 + base 25 + mod 35) vs DC 41

Sith Assassin Will save. Success! 77(Roll 17 + base 25 + mod 35) vs DC 41

What does this "mod 35" mean?

Basically, no force power I have works on them (besides plague) because they have a will save modifier of 25+35=70! They have similar reflex and fortitude saves. Nothing seems to work against the hssiss either.

What is going on? Is this a bug? Why is my sith lord, who was slaughtering guards on Onderon, suddenly rendered useless?

Is it some kind of special or scripted encounter?

Could they be wearing cheat items to boost their saves to make sure you have a hard time?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's just that Force Scream is a terrible power. Force Storm should one-shot entire rooms. That life draining power is a win-button too.

Against Hsiss, use Insanity/Stasis + lightsaber.

How does it matter what power I use? They all have a DC of 5 + Wis + Cha modifiers + player level.

You've completely missed my point. The sith assassins on Korriban have will/reflex/fortitude save bases of base 25 + mod 35 = 70. Seventy! NOTHING, no power or feat can beat that, so something is wrong here.

I just want to know what, and if I can fix it.

Is it some kind of special or scripted encounter?

Could they be wearing cheat items to boost their saves to make sure you have a hard time?

It is not a scripted encounter, but it would appear they are "cheating". There is NO WAY, not even at level 50, of having a chance of countering saving throws of 70+. Something is wrong here, and I want to fix it.

I believe (and I could be wrong) that those Sith Assassins are supposed to be hard to kill with force-powers, it ties into the lore of them being trained to kill force-sensitives. They are, however, horribly weak in melee combat, so just whack them with your lightsaber.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies