Battlefield vs Call of Duty

Cutlock

If he doesn't get stabbed, thrown through a window, shot on the way down then lands on a spike which then explodes, it's not epic.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If he doesn't get stabbed, thrown through a window, shot on the way down then lands on a spike which then explodes, it's not epic.

That's almost precisely what happens

To try to to be non-spoileric, I think that the team (erroneously) started to think that Price is the hero of the trilogy - a guy you only get to control in a brief flashback in MW1, instead of the guy you start out as (and probably play most missions as, but I didn't count). IMO this is the most blatant case of making the player simply a bit part player, beating even BLOP's notorious one-shot opening level.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The game's are out:

Here's what happens:

Who wins?

Price wins? Who's price, EA's price, all of you who bought B3 got ripped off.

Who wins?

Call of Duty wins.

I have bought both and don't necessarily agree with this post. I actually enjoy BF3's MP so much more than MW3. While MW3 is fun, it's just a all-for-yourself style of gameplay that gets tarnished because of, while BF3 works off of the squad gameplay and grouping mechanics. Again, I will say that I enjoy both MP games, however BF3 for me is more captivating and more worthwhile, whether it's the squad gameplay, massive 32 vs 32 battles or vehicles, it just seems to put it all together well, as compared to MW3 which seems to literally be MW 2.5.