Chris Avellone Interview

C2B

Depends a lot on the game. If I can see my character all the time and dialogue is voiced, I'd like to have my character a voice too. If I don't see my character all the time or if text is not voiced in general, I don't mind.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Voiced protagonist is ok if they have the budget for it.

Except that it's a waste. There is many places were that money would be better spent, VO for other characters, level design, art design, QA etc.

Depents on the concept if you ask me. Games like Alpha Protocol and Mass Effect need it. And games like Fallout: New Vegas most definately shouldn't have one.

Hate the living, love the dead.

games like Mass Effect shouldn't exist in the first place. this whole cinematic experience+awesome button thing will drive video games into the ground

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

games like Mass Effect shouldn't exist in the first place. this whole cinematic experience+awesome button thing will drive video games into the ground

There is room for Mass Effect like games, as long the publishers remember people still like to play "old school" crpgs that aren't as cinematic experiences as Mass Effect games. Knowing most/some of the publishers, this ain't gonna happen though, just look at Dragon Age 2.

Hate the living, love the dead.