Degradation via consolification

I'm yet to focus on block even with Lucas, simply because I don't like having my will drained for any reason other than will abilities.

I found that armor was nice to mix in with stamina for a generally tougher package while rolling around slinging spells, although I leaned towards stamina.

Even with all that there were still moments I was one shotted, even with Reinharts shield active.

I actually focused on Armor and Block and was NEVER one shotted the entire game. Don't know if that's because I'm an artful dodger...or lucky, or a combination fo both, or if it really was because the Armor and Block made a big difference. I played as Lucas.

What I mean by one shotted was actually many bolts hitting at once as many of the bosses have multi projectile attacks that track you.

Such as during the

Modified Automaton

fight, I was getting Anjali up and it was just out of my screen enough where I didn't see it launch them. Thus before I could dodge, all 5 projectiles hit me at once, boom death.

This also happened during the final boss, and the fight with

Jeyne Kassynder

On hardcore if any multi-projectile shot hits you, you're dead regardless of stats.

Actually, I don't think I actually got hit during the later fight you mentioned...strategic use of dodge. It does wonders.

Actually, I don't think I actually got hit during the later fight you mentioned...strategic use of dodge. It does wonders.

I never died from lack of dodging. More trying to squeeze in an ability strike and not being able to dodge as the animation hasn't finished casting.

Either that or focusing on clearing minions and the same happens because my back is turned.