MY THOUGHTS ON THE GAME SO FAR WITH SOME QUESTIONS

Ok Id like to start with what I like about this game because I am enjoying it. The graphics are excellent in my opinion. Playing with all settings at their highest with great framerates. Im liking the settings and game pacing so far. The quests give great rewards which is cool. Holding down the right mouse button cause your character to follow the cursor which I like better than point and click. A few questions about the game though. Will there be the ability to redistribute points at any point in the game? Because of the fact that certain weapons are used for the different stances. I found an epic spear for Anjali but had put all my points into fire form abilities. I may want to change these points to human form abilities because the spear is so much better than my fire form weapon. It really seems to me especially with Anjali that the different stances do not really compliment each other very well. For instance I thought that the human form hurl spear would compliment Anjalis fire form ranged attack well. But the trouble with targeting and switching stances really wasnt worth the effort. The human form attack hits three enemies as opposed to the ranged solo attack but that really doesnt matter since you have a summons and aoe abilities in fire form. So far the game seems to make me want to concentrate on one form because of the uselessness of changing forms in combat.I guess Im saying so far Im a fan of everything in this game except the stances. Stances also add to the complexity of the pc controls and combat seems more fluid when you just stick to one stance.Maybe some ideas on how switching between stances during combat is a good idea? Also Im wondering why theres no damage numbers in the ability tooltips. The game shows a general ability dps which is influenced by will. But does say the flame jackal summons do the exact same dps as the aoe flame skill. Why are there no damage numbers in the abilities screen so I can see exactly how much adding to will changes my jackals dps?

Ok Id like to start with what I like about this game because I am enjoying it. The graphics are excellent in my opinion. Playing with all settings at their highest with great framerates. Im liking the settings and game pacing so far. The quests give great rewards which is cool. Holding down the right mouse button cause your character to follow the cursor which I like better than point and click. A few questions about the game though. Will there be the ability to redistribute points at any point in the game? Because of the fact that certain weapons are used for the different stances. I found an epic spear for Anjali but had put all my points into fire form abilities. I may want to change these points to human form abilities because the spear is so much better than my fire form weapon. It really seems to me especially with Anjali that the different stances do not really compliment each other very well. For instance I thought that the human form hurl spear would compliment Anjalis fire form ranged attack well. But the trouble with targeting and switching stances really wasnt worth the effort. The human form attack hits three enemies as opposed to the ranged solo attack but that really doesnt matter since you have a summons and aoe abilities in fire form. So far the game seems to make me want to concentrate on one form because of the uselessness of changing forms in combat.I guess Im saying so far Im a fan of everything in this game except the stances. Stances also add to the complexity of the pc controls and combat seems more fluid when you just stick to one stance.Maybe some ideas on how switching between stances during combat is a good idea? Also Im wondering why theres no damage numbers in the ability tooltips. The game shows a general ability dps which is influenced by will. But does say the flame jackal summons do the exact same dps as the aoe flame skill. Why are there no damage numbers in the abilities screen so I can see exactly how much adding to will changes my jackals dps?

Try playing with a gamepad. I just did my first demo play through with Anjali last night on the PS3 and it was good. Switching forms was useful because the Fire form can't really handle enemies close up. The Jackal is great because you can cast it in the fire form, switch back to melee and let the pet kill off mages etc., while you handle the up close fighting. It kind of works like a "taunt" because the enemies don't just ignore the jackal, but it's also good because they don't all just go for it either, so there is still some skill in using it properly.

I found the game to be slightly easier with Anjali. The fighting on Hard mode does have a steep learning curve though. I think the damage you take needs to be toned down a bit. At the moment it's kind of ridiculous, the only way you can avoid being killed in 2 seconds is to dash constantly. But it's true that you start thinking more strategically when 3 or 4 hits can kill you.

I found it significantly easier with Anjali. Burn Field + Pet + ability to go ranged at will combined with the industry's 34839438th overpowered implementation of the dodge roll means you can take out enemies faster and more safely than the warrior dude.

The brunt of Lucas's power seems to lie in his two handed sword two AoE powers with high proficiency upgrades, which wasn't available in the demo.

30-30 for talents and proficiencies.

So we can max out 6 powers in upgrades and 6 passives. Cool. We eventually learn all 9 powers, right?

You actually have to get all 9 abilities, but you don't necessarily have to use them. And in regards to Lucas, he is, i think, one of the best characters to play as when you're playing on Hardcore. Just saying. :bat:

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Well Ive played the game through several times on hard core now and feel that Anjalis fire-stance is the easiest to understand and play as. I basically just equip the best gear I can with + attack. Another great stat for spamming fireballs is the chaos stats. So far the chaos frost is my favorite as the freeze effect seems to proc alot on enemies. Ive gone through the entire demo on hardcore with out barely getting touched due to being able to spam her teleport dodge skill and quickly throw fireballs. Im thinking I will probably make an all attack-based fire form anjali with little to no points in will .

I found Lucas' charm is in armor and blocking (mostly blocking, but items usually have + for both). I've done two hardcore playthroughs with him (in the demo, natch), got some warding/retribution/stagger items and hilarity ensued. Vera couldn't damage me, I was just standing there, she could do whatever she wanted, not even my focus drained. :o

Sure, you have a bit lower attack and agility, but the biggest problem with DMC4 too was that enemies died too fast IMO, so that's fine by me. :rolleyes:

BTW, can retribution crit? Vera had like ~60 hp left, but 1 19 damage retri suddenly killed her (couldn't see the damage floater 'cause the camera was zoomed in).