American Idol S10

Volourn

Damn. All country final. Haley was eliminated tonight. :x

Poor Volourn ;)

As a fan of the old Fleetwood Mac I found that particular interpretation of Rhiannon offensive. Listen to all 6.10 of

instead :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Haley's is superior. She sings it in an 'etheral' way. Then again, I've always found Stevie Nicks overrated. I mean in that video, she's screaming so much you cna't even understand what's coming out of her mouth. That's not good singing, and the band just completely crushes her when she actually tries to sing softly. btw, I couldn't listen to the entirety of that song.. omg, I hope Haley's studio version isn't so.. subpar.

You have a studio version of FM's Rhiannon? I bet it's probably a lot more listenable than that concert one no doubt. I'm sure I've heard it ebfore but didn't resonate with me. Haley's had soul, spirit, and actual singing talent.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Haley's "Rhiannon" is mumbly & gets breathy/weak on the low notes again, can't understand half of what she says. And that's on a nice, clean, stage produced performance, which is a lot different than an actual big-stage, live performing. I think. I'm beginning to suspect they use a lot of voice-filtering thru the mics even in live concerts these days, unlike in the old days where things were often very rough (such as that FM video). Or maybe it's just that live stage tech is so much better now. Btw, I'm not totally knockin' Haley's version, she does fine with it imo, just again, not my style of music/I find it boring.

Here's FM's studio version:

PS - sucks about all country final tho. lol

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Much better than the live performance! :sorcerer:

I find Haley's more haunting and beautiful though. I do agree, it's not eprfect. like I said earlier, she did well this week but comapred to the last month not quite falwless. But, hauntingly beautiful. Then again, it helps, that i love her voice that even when she falters a bit I still up enjoying it... You oughta Know is a prime example of this. It's a very flawed performance where she makes multiple mistakes and mistseps but I still overtall enjoyed it despite the imperfections 9which, I would presume, be naturally fixed in studio versions and more practice).

Edited by Volourn

I purchased my first FOURTEEN ever i tunes... all Haley songs. Ha!

It's popular because people love to listen to music - even if many times it comes across as 'karaoke'... then you have a performer like Reinhart show up, and you know that you made the right choice. :thumbsup:

But, if you thought Haley shoulda won.. that likely means you watched it too.. or else how could you compare her to the other contestants. So, why do you watch the show?

Actually, S10 is one of their more successful seasons in awhile and definitely vastly superior ratings wise than S9 which was the lowest rated. They need to keep the upward trend though. Still, despite that, 10 seasons and still arguably the most watched non special event program on television.

What's funny is that I liked the judges of S10 early on but they lost me and I just wanted to punch both J Lo and Randy for their bogus unfair treatment of Haley. And, while I like the fact that Tyler was supportive of Reinhart I can't take him seirously at all since he doesn't criticize anyone ever.

X Factor will do alright. It has potential for AI numbers.. or to just outright bomb.

Two things learned from tonight's 'show':

1. S10, while a great season overall, had the WORST AI final peformance show EVER that i've ever watched 9from S6 on). Bland, boring, and crap. Not one real memorable moment. Total garbage?

2. Mr. Simon Nygel is a dickwad. Then again, that was already know. What a pathetic big timepiece of crap. Scotty just got run over by bus. lmao

AI are scumbags.

2+ hours tonight, and all Haley gets is to sing with her great great great great grandfather. WTH is that?

Haley's final AI performance:

I like Tony Bennett. I really do. But, he shouldn't have been on stage eprforming with haley. he just wasn't up to it. Haley was awesome as usual, but she pretty much had to dance by herself and move him around 'cause he couldn't move. Overall, the performance was entertaining, but seriously, if theyw ere gonna pair Haley up with an old geezer legend, they should have grabbed Tom Jones as he at least sound reasonably good for his age and seemed capable of actually moving. L0L

Gah.

Overall, there were some nice eprformances... but some also really really really crappy ones. As expected.

Haley = 10/10

Everyone Else = 0/10