Casey Kwok's blog: Art Of Obsidian Entertainment

funcroc

http://caseykwock.blogspot.com/2011/04/art...ertainment.html

Art Of Obsidian Entertainment

As some of you know, I am curating the Art Of Obsidian Entertainment art show opening May 14th at the Promenade Gallery. This is the first art show I've curated and it's definitely a great experience. I've assisted the Rothick Art Haus and Promenade Gallery in the past but actually running the show is a different matter. The biggest hurdle I've dealt with unique to this show is getting permission and rights to showcase concept art from Obsidian's games. You're not just dealing with an artist. You're dealing with the Publisher whose a whole different beast. One Publisher's been easy and approved every piece I wanted. But another has specific requirments related to what can be used, the image of their company, and how the artwork needs to be displayed. All and all it's an interesting experience. And I'm already coming up with ideas for the next show I'll curate.

208083_10100301509873651_6017675_54200834_6736219_n.jpg

• Like 1

One Publisher's been easy and approved every piece I wanted. But another has specific requirments related to what can be used, the image of their company, and how the artwork needs to be displayed.

Would be interesting to know who's who.

Still, I hope this is a success, and hopefully, that some photos end up online, since I obviously am not able to go.

Would be interesting to know who's who.

I'm betting on Bethesda being the 'picky' one, they've got a reputation for being very protective of their IPs, no?

I would have guessed LucasArts on that one ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, even Josh is a "contributing artist"?

Hope as well, that we will get to see lots of photos 'n stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Casey Kwock's blog: The Opening Approaches!

The Obsidian Entertainment art show is only two weeks away. I picked up the main artwork yesterday and it looks amazing. After a day of cutting mattes and framing, they are ready to be installed at the Promenade Gallery next week. It's open to the public so stop on by if you're in the area!

In addition, for one night only an exclusive one of kind Fallout: New Vegas giclee print will be available for auction during the Art Crawl: Art for a Cause Charity Benefit. The print will be autographed by the Obsidian development team and proceeds go to helping the Tsunami Relief effort in Japan.

Art ready to go.

DSC03710.JPG

Print ready to be signed.

DSC03712.JPG

Kwock's blog: Only A Few More Days!

After months of preparation, The Art Of Obsidian Entertainment show at the Promenade Gallery is only a few days away! I rearranged much of the Artwork since the First Day Install Preview photo I posted earlier. I decided to move the Personal Artwork and spread out the Concept Art more. While people have different opinions, I think the presentation is much better.

Amidst all the hard work and running around, there was always a sense of fun and excitement. I can't wait for everyone to see the results May 14th during ACE Anaheim Artwalk Experience!

For those who are interested, this is the exclusive autographed giclee print available in a Silent Auction for the ACAC (Art Crawl Art for a Cause) Charity Benefit for Japan also taking place during ACE May 14th.

DSC03940.JPG

MCA looks sleepy on that photos.

/Edit: Or dreamy? :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."