Will there be difficult settings?

some like to breeze through a game while others prefer to have a great challenge.

sometimes in SP it's nice to have a hard and rewarding game while in co-op it's more fun to constantly move along.

one thing is for sure - one difficulty is never enough. most games that dont have difficulty settings are too easy (fable, GTAIV, Assassins creed etc etc)

Has it been confirmed if the game will have a few difficult settings?

some like to breeze through a game while others prefer to have a great challenge.

sometimes in SP it's nice to have a hard and rewarding game while in co-op it's more fun to constantly move along.

one thing is for sure - one difficulty is never enough. most games that dont have difficulty settings are too easy (fable, GTAIV, Assassins creed etc etc)

Has it been confirmed if the game will have a few difficult settings?

Yes, several times.

There are at least a "Hardcore" and a "Casual" difficulty setting.

Mmm hmmm.... Let's just hope theres some kind of loot rewards for playing hardcore or something of the sort (I've read there is, and there isn't in different interviews, so It's hard to say what they have in mind). I have a feeling hardcore online with 4 players would be a blast. =)

Mmm hmmm.... Let's just hope theres some kind of loot rewards for playing hardcore or something of the sort (I've read there is, and there isn't in different interviews, so It's hard to say what they have in mind). I have a feeling hardcore online with 4 players would be a blast. =)

Heart of Fury mode or something?

I don't know what that is. =(

Think hardcore on steroids. Monsters hit harder, and get bonuses to health, resistances etc. Oh I think you did less damage too. As I recall you normally finished Icewind Dale II at about Level 20. You started Heart of Fury mode and it was like starting over again - monsters were tough!!! I never really played it myself just mucked around the first area. Something I should do again sometime. Anyhow there was an entire range of weapons\armour etc specific to the HoF mode to enable you to survive it. As it was you needed to min\max\borderline cheat to win e.g. maximum armour wasn't enough against most mosters so butt naked provided just as much protection. The only way to armour up was to focus on stackable armour\ability bonuses, play as a monk of a certain race etc. At most you could get 2 of your 6 characters armoured, the rest had to fight alternatively e.g. mirror images and invisibiilty so instead of being immune to attacks they never get hit. Armour's much easier! Magic resistance went up too I think. A spell to disable\slow monster in the standard campaign was ignore on HoF with monsters walking straight through it.

Think of Titan Quest's unlockable harder levels or possibly DS2's harder levels.

Think hardcore on steroids. Monsters hit harder, and get bonuses to health, resistances etc. Oh I think you did less damage too. As I recall you normally finished Icewind Dale II at about Level 20. You started Heart of Fury mode and it was like starting over again - monsters were tough!!! I never really played it myself just mucked around the first area. Something I should do again sometime. Anyhow there was an entire range of weapons\armour etc specific to the HoF mode to enable you to survive it. As it was you needed to min\max\borderline cheat to win e.g. maximum armour wasn't enough against most mosters so butt naked provided just as much protection. The only way to armour up was to focus on stackable armour\ability bonuses, play as a monk of a certain race etc. At most you could get 2 of your 6 characters armoured, the rest had to fight alternatively e.g. mirror images and invisibiilty so instead of being immune to attacks they never get hit. Armour's much easier! Magic resistance went up too I think. A spell to disable\slow monster in the standard campaign was ignore on HoF with monsters walking straight through it.

Think of Titan Quest's unlockable harder levels or possibly DS2's harder levels.

Ahh... I see. =) I never did play Icewind Dale, but I've heard a lot about it... I should give it a try, it looks awesome, heh. :fdevil:

Ahh... I see. =) I never did play Icewind Dale, but I've heard a lot about it... I should give it a try, it looks awesome, heh. :lol:

Not bad, though the graphics were considered dated even when it came out. I think it just beat NWN out which had far better graphics.

You can get a legal copy at http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/icewind_dale_2 for US$9.99 if you really want one.