GameBanshee preview and interview

Do you mind explaining your thoughts a little? Because it seems like a big stretch to me. They're not particularly original characters, but specifically Marvel? I don't see it :( .

I.... didn't say anything about originality.... I was talking about "just" the archetype.

Its also just the two charachters I can relate them the most to. Just in general.

Especially Anjali. Beeing that goes in the air with badass when going full out? Check. Also general attitude of both is simliar / releatable to said charachters from what I've seen so far.

And a stretch... Well, Nathaniel helped as a tester on X-Men Legends. I thought it possible that he took some hints from there.

Hmmm... That's quite a stretch man. I'm not seein it with those characters. =P I'm sure if you asked a comic book fan, they would have better super heros/heroines that they'd be more similar to. It does seem to me that these heros/heroines do have a sort of over exaggerated "comic-book-esque" feel to them minus the crazy origin stories, though. =)

Do you mind explaining your thoughts a little? Because it seems like a big stretch to me. They're not particularly original characters, but specifically Marvel? I don't see it :( .

I.... didn't say anything about originality.... I was talking about "just" the archetype.

Its also just the two charachters I can relate them the most to. Just in general.

Especially Anjali. Beeing that goes in the air with badass when going full out? Check. Also general attitude of both is simliar / releatable to said charachters from what I've seen so far.

And a stretch... Well, Nathaniel helped as a tester on X-Men Legends. I thought it possible that he took some hints from there.

Hmmm... That's quite a stretch man. I'm not seein it with those characters. =P I'm sure if you asked a comic book fan, they would have better super heros/heroines that they'd be more similar to. It does seem to me that these heros/heroines do have a sort of over exaggerated "comic-book-esque" feel to them minus the crazy origin stories, though. =)

I consider myself somewhat of a comic book fan. More DC than Marvel though and have read up on most of the lore and every comic I could get my hands on.

Though you are not wrong. Already seen a few human torch comparisons too. There however the charachter type is completly different.

@DLRK Thank you. I value your opinion immensly.

Edited by C2B

I consider myself somewhat of a comic book fan. More DC than Marvel though and have read up on most of the lore and every comic I could get my hands on.

Though you are not wrong. Already seen a few human torch comparisons too. There however the charachter type is completly different.

@DLRK Thank you. I value your opinion immensly.

Hmmm... As far as I understand, however, Anjali can switch between her human and elemental form at an instant whim, and both her human and her elemental form are effective in their own situations (she's a very capable warrior, even without her powers). I thought Storm had to wait for her powers to fully realize (at least that's what I gathered from the old X-men cartoon and the X-men movies), and her combat prowess minus her powers isn't really existent... Maybe her personality is similar? I don't really remember Storm's demeanor to be honest. Hmm... I don't really know anything about Dark Horse comics, but I seem to recall a woman in the Hellboy movies that could turn into a fire form, but was also pretty capable and shooting a gun... Maybe someone who reads Dark Horse comics could tell me if she would fit the role better?

Hmmm... As far as I understand, however, Anjali can switch between her human and elemental form at an instant whim, and both her human and her elemental form are effective in their own situations (she's a very capable warrior, even without her powers). I thought Storm had to wait for her powers to fully realize (at least that's what I gathered from the old X-men cartoon and the X-men movies), and her combat prowess minus her powers isn't really existent... Maybe her personality is similar? I don't really remember Storm's demeanor to be honest. Hmm... I don't really know anything about Dark Horse comics, but I seem to recall a woman in the Hellboy movies that could turn into a fire form, but was also pretty capable and shooting a gun... Maybe someone who reads Dark Horse comics could tell me if she would fit the role better?

That maybe the problem here.

As for Hellboy. Do you mean Liz Sherman? Never had the oppertunity to see the movies. :(

Edited by C2B

That maybe the problem here.

As for Hellboy. Do you mean Liz Sherman? Never had the oppertunity to see the movies. :(

I believe that was her name. =) I really liked the first movie... The second one was odd, but it was interesting in a Pan's Labrynth kind of way (I believe they had the same directors?). As much as I love lore in books and games you'd think that I'd love comic books. =P Maybe the Dungeon Siege comic books Dark Horse is coming out with would be a good way to introduce me to em, heh.

@Starwars - Oh god... All I have to say is...

Another Preview

http://pc.mmgn.com/Articles/Dungeon-Siege-3-Hands-On-Previ

By and large, Dungeon Siege 3 is the full-featured re-launch the series has needed. It comes fleshed out with the in-depth lore of the first games, a keen sense of humour, fluid action and of course obsessive stat-building for RPG hounds. Obsidian really seems to have given it both barrels, and the game is shaping up to be a nice addition to the already well-loved series.
Edited by C2B

http://twitter.com/johnnytee/status/58418320579371008

Dungeon Siege 3 Launch Party tonight #sogclan - stay tuned for coverage :rolleyes:

http://twitter.com/thefountain73/status/58499819622248448

Just played a preview of Dungeon Siege III and thank you for the pizza.

http://twitter.com/cheinara/status/58301651387289601

So, so sore. But hey, Dungeon Siege III sneak peek tonight!

The DS3 Press Event was held for Aussies.

Is it CGI or a real-life shot? I can't tell right away.

Edit: That Pic looks more and more wrong the longer I look at it. Its completly different from the ingame model in a bad way.

After the modeling tweet a few weeks past and my comment up there, I'm wondering if we're not before a case of 'Angelina Jolie doesn't look like Lara Croft' >_< . It might also explain why she has suspenders for her corset this time o:) .

EDIT : also, if Daz Crawford is the model for Reinhard, then that character will probably be one physical kind of wizard :lol: . I mean, 6' 5" (1.95 m) tall, ex-military, ex-sportsman (baseball and boxing), and the big vampire guy with the huge hammer in Blade 2? That guy is gonna be worst than Azar Javed in the 'big mage' category!

Edited by Sannom

If its RL it has undergone some horrible changes.

Do you mean Real Life, or Katarina?

both. Some of that picture HAS to be strongly edited.

Also even then she was miscast.

Edited by C2B

Yeah, I don't know what happened with that :* . Either the guy with the photoshop is really, really bad (it's not just boob size here, it's just plain wrong anatomy) or there is some perspective effect because of her position (if the bodice isn't skin-tight). But the former is probably the right answer. Gah Obsidian and Square Enix, this is not good marketing!

Yeah, I don't know what happened with that :* . Either the guy with the photoshop is really, really bad (it's not just boob size here, it's just plain wrong anatomy) or there is some perspective effect because of her position (if the bodice isn't skin-tight). But the former is probably the right answer. Gah Obsidian and Square Enix, this is not good marketing!

Nah, most people won't even look at that and its in some random magazine for now. Also I rather doubt Obsidians artists had to do with this on account of the severe differences.