Wheel of Time Work in Progress...

WoTfan

Upcoming Red Eagle Wheel of Time Franchise PC/PS3/Xbox360 work:

I loved Obsidian's SWKOTR 2 except for the fact it was shipped unfinished.

I commend Obsidian for having all the new hire links on the homepage as it indicates there is hope that the Wheel of Time games Obsidian is working on won't end up "almost" great like SWKOTR 2 was from not enough people to make it happen.

I hope that the PC version (PS3/Xbox 360 Port probably) will play more like Mass Effect 2 (more cut scenes, more story, less "dungeony" feel) rather than Dragon Age (some cut scenes, some story, lots of diablo style wandering).

WoT audience looking at the SPRPG product from Obsidian has a Mass Effect 2 "bar" for comparison.

I know Red Eagle is driving the bus and obsidian is the hired gun but I hope that the book - game conversions end up heavy story play and other offshoot games in the WoT universe end up filling in for the MMO, the FPS, the Smartphone app, etc.

Please let the book remake games play as good as or better than ME2 story wise without guns.

If you're hiring still, things aren't in stone yet thus a post.

Cut scenes suck.

Make games, not movies.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

i'd assume they'd want a release around the same time as the final book next year

so they probably really should get their **** sorted

They've been holding on to the license for many years now, I just don't see them suddenly getting their **** together and managing to release a movie/tv-series/game using the license. There's a good reason Robert Jordan (r.i.p) was pissed off at Red Eagle...

Hate the living, love the dead.

i'd assume they'd want a release around the same time as the final book next year

so they probably really should get their **** sorted

They've been holding on to the license for many years now, I just don't see them suddenly getting their **** together and managing to release a movie/tv-series/game using the license. There's a good reason Robert Jordan (r.i.p) was pissed off at Red Eagle...

An educated guess would be that licenses generally revert to the licensors unless a product is released within a certain time frame. So they have to get their act together, or lose the money. Of course, these kinds of 'holding off the expiration' products are generally best described as ****. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

An educated guess would be that licenses generally revert to the licensors unless a product is released within a certain time frame. So they have to get their act together, or lose the money. Of course, these kinds of 'holding off the expiration' products are generally best described as ****. :)

Well yeah, usually. But since we don't know what kinda deal they've made can't really comment on that. To me it seems somewhat odd that we keep hearing these odd rumours from time to time about a movie/series/game based on WoT, but nothing ever comes out of it. Maybe they are just doing the minimum to keep the license in their hands a bit longer and waiting for the series to finish...

Hate the living, love the dead.