Dragon's Den

Monte Carlo

Just finished watching Dragon's Den. I think the programme started in Japan, and I don't know if you have it in the US or elsewhere but the deal is this...

In an old warehouse, five pantomime uber-capitalists sit in big leather chairs surrounded by, literally, piles of cash. A hapless business person wanders up the stairs and asks for their money in return for a pitifully optimistic share in their company. Like panning for gold, there are squillions of utterly rubbish pitches then one that is a gem.

It's the X-Factor for reasonably intelligent people.

Here's the deal. All of us are Dragons. We all have half a million Obz Dollars, an exciting new notional currency that I have invented for this thread. Anybody can pitch their idea to us and we will then rip it apart like ravenous were-sharks fed a juicy steak. Then we will either invest or not invest. If you don't want to invest just say "I'm OUT!" and give a condescending reason why, for optimal realism.

Games-related pitches are obviously sought, but hey it's a daft thread on the internet so other wacky business ideas are also welcome as long as you aren't Interplay (lulz). Like, for example, an MMORPG based on cheese or a Wii game about seeing how long you can stay completely still (Death Simulator Legend 3000).

Cheers

MC

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hi, Dragons, I'm Darth InSidious, I'm 34 years old, and I'm the Chief Executive Managing Director of Inept Solutions, a new retail copmany. I'm looking for an initial investment of 8,000,000 Obz Dollars for a total share of the cmopnay of 0.01%. My compnay is based on our wonderful porduct, the EcoKnit. The EcoKnit is a new breed of dog which doubles as a very warm scarf. It's warm, friendly, and only very rarely ****s on your back. Thank you.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Just finished watching Dragon's Den. I think the programme started in Japan, and I don't know if you have it in the US or elsewhere but the deal is this...

In an old warehouse, five pantomime uber-capitalists sit in big leather chairs surrounded by, literally, piles of cash. A hapless business person wanders up the stairs and asks for their money in return for a pitifully optimistic share in their company. Like panning for gold, there are squillions of utterly rubbish pitches then one that is a gem.

Here's the deal. All of us are Dragons. We all have half a million Obz Dollars, an exciting new notional currency that I have invented for this thread. Anybody can pitch their idea to us and we will then rip it apart like ravenous were-sharks fed a juicy steak. Then we will either invest or not invest. If you don't want to invest just say "I'm OUT!" and give a condescending reason why, for optimal realism.

Games-related pitches are obviously sought, but hey it's a daft thread on the internet so other wacky business ideas are also welcome as long as you aren't Interplay (lulz). Like, for example, an MMORPG based on cheese or a Wii game about seeing how long you can stay completely still (Death Simulator Legend 3000).

Cheers

MC

Correction, we all have half a million dollars except LoF. His is shared with the proletariat, forcefully.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Cheers

MC

Correction, we all have half a million dollars except LoF. His is shared with the proletariat, forcefully.

EPIC LOL

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

My idea in bullet points:

* Multi-platform

* Slient protagonist :)

* About 30 hours in length(20 per playthrough)

* First 10 hours set it up(ie *10 hour Taris*)

* Set at High School(Taris High) :aiee:

* Sparkling vampires, obsessed with a special ring

* You join a elite group to battle this menace

* Or join an equally elite group to assist the menace

* Distinctive good/evil paths (7 hours each)

* Based on one choice(* he he I go bad*)

* Lot's of tunnels, but no fighting in them

* 3 endings(good/evil/true)

* Bugs

* Lots of DLC (Most of it substandard)

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

My idea in bullet points:

* Multi-platform

* Slient protagonist :)

* About 30 hours in length(20 per playthrough)

* First 10 hours set it up(ie *10 hour Taris*)

* Set at High School(Taris High) :aiee:

* Sparkling vampires, obsessed with a special ring

* You join a elite group to battle this menace

* Or join an equally elite group to assist the menace

* Distinctive good/evil paths (7 hours each)

* Based on one choice(* he he I go bad*)

* Lot's of tunnels, but no fighting in them

* 3 endings(good/evil/true)

* Bugs

* Lots of DLC (Most of it substandard)

I sent this quote to Bioware, they should contact you shortly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hi, Dragons, I'm Darth InSidious, I'm 34 years old, and I'm the Chief Executive Managing Director of Inept Solutions, a new retail copmany. I'm looking for an initial investment of 8,000,000 Obz Dollars for a total share of the cmopnay of 0.01%. My compnay is based on our wonderful porduct, the EcoKnit. The EcoKnit is a new breed of dog which doubles as a very warm scarf. It's warm, friendly, and only very rarely ****s on your back. Thank you.

I like this idea. What steps have you taken to protect the IPR?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.