Obsidian, You're a nice guy, I don't care what anyone tells me.

Obsidian, you have always been close to my heart. Some have said you are Bioware-lite, but the first time I played Neverwinter Nights 2 or Kotor 2, I didn't even know who developed it, yet I still cherished them just as much as the first.

With your recent outing of Alpha Protocol, you have created something new, unique, and fantastic. It is a mystery to me why the reviewers dogged you, but Alpha Protocol has been one of the better games I've played this year. And yes, it has its faults, but the whole is better than the pieces.

(gotta say though, some of those alarm deactivating sequences are hard as ****)

Anyways, what I'm really trying to say is thank you, Obsidian. Keep up the good work, and if you make an Alpha Protocol 2, which I hope you do, I will be there day one.

A deus est vos!

Obsidian, like Troika and Looking Glass Studios before, is the kind of company to attract the more discerning gamers. Unfortunately for them, production isn't fueled by the passion of a relatively small number of devoted fans, but on $$money$$. If they can't get enough people to buy their games, there won't be any more creative risks like Alpha Protocol. End of story.

• 2 weeks later...

/salute

I gotta say, I've played Alpha Protocol through start to finish more times than any other finishable game I have in the past 3 or so years. And each time I get to the end, there's a bit of dismay that there probably won't be another one. The flaws I could care less about, because there was something special here.

The different playstyles (you guys actually made me care about gadgets! I never do that), the reactions to past dialogue and events, the funny emails, some of the oh so awesome missions like the Hotel in Taipei, the way rep would change things (especially some of the subtle dialogue tweaks for minor rep changes, not just the massive ones), and those "F*** yeah" moments like

baiting Marburg into a fight to the death

... Bah, I know it doesn't much help now, but I do hope in the years to come, people will come to appreciate AP like it should have been.

Anyway, good luck with Fallout NV, hope it's the big blockbuster that everyone wants so that you guys are able to keep taking chances. :lol:

Edited by Baeus

"is the kind of company to attract the more discerning gamers. "

Simply not true. A discernible gamer would know that AP is by far Obsidian's worst game to day. NWN2 and KOTOR2 are both vastly superiopr. AP is just a poorly done ME/BL clone. Nothing original, unique, special, or good about it. Now, NWN2 espcially and even KOTOR2 actually are made pretty well. On top of that, 95% of Obsidian's uctsomers are also BIo customers. *shrug*

Can't wait to DS3 comes out as that's the next actual awesome Obsidian game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"is the kind of company to attract the more discerning gamers. "

Simply not true. A discernible gamer would know that AP is by far Obsidian's worst game to day. NWN2 and KOTOR2 are both vastly superiopr.

Thank you Volourn. Your incredible narcissm is always such an insperation because you actually have the guts to think you're some sort of spokesperson for "discernible" gamers.