The moon is shrinking!

Guest The Architect

Eh? I don't think I've seen that before. Sometimes ppl cut/paste the linked story text & wrap it in quote tags but that's all I've noticed.

As to the moon...if it's actually relatively recent geological activity, I can see why it would excite certain circles. But if it's not going to create tidalwaves or change my astrological sign (haha) doesn't mean that much to me. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But don't worry, it's not gonna disappear overnight.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/...face%2F19601796

Hey I've seen you guys post the whole story of a link in a way that it shows up without you even having to click the link - how do you guys do that? Do you just wrap the link in quote tags or code tags or something?

Like this: The Architect?

Replace "The Architect" with a copy of the story :(

Edit: In a related story, the shrinking Moon is really not a serious problem, as the Moon is moving further and further away from Earth. Eventually Earths gravity will not be enough to keep the Moon in orbit and it will pack up and leave.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Edit: In a related story, the shrinking Moon is really not a serious problem, as the Moon is moving further and further away from Earth. Eventually Earths gravity will not be enough to keep the Moon in orbit and it will pack up and leave.

Like in Space:1999, but without the radioactive explosions. :lol:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Like in Space:1999, but without the radioactive explosions. :thumbsup:

Will it still go through a black hole? And find a planet of robot people? And meet metamorphs? And will there be a moonbase with Martin Landau commanding?

And will they always send out Eagle 1 with Alan Carter piloting?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also no matter it's physical size the mass is staying the same Thus the overall gravity stays exactly the same. The moment we should start worrying is when the moon starts loosing mass because that'll throw everything out of wack.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.