E for Everyone, except me

Like Modern Warfare 2, Starcraft 2 (first campaign and multiplayer) will cost $60. But unlike Modern Warfare 2, Starcraft 2 is PC exclusive game thus there's no license fee to the console manufacturers. So usual $17 + $12 from no license fees + $10 for higher then normal price. That's $39 for every unit sold. With 100 million budget that'd mean that'd mean bit over 2,5 million units. Even if the game is complite garbage, ActiBlizzard will get that back even before the word of mouth hit the streets. Since we know by very long beta that game ain't total trash, will have three separate games (multiplayer part already finished and singleplayer campaigns don't need as long beta time) and Activisions agressive price policies, they are going to get nice profit outta Starcraft 2.

Most certainly, yeah, can't argue that they're good at marketing and whatnot. Where did you get your numbers from though?

100 million USD? Haha, they get that income from a single month of Wow subscription fees.

That's peanuts for Blizzard.

I doubt that they actually earn that money, but WoW's a cashcow that's true.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Most certainly, yeah, can't argue that they're good at marketing and whatnot. Where did you get your numbers from though?

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter gave $17 out of $60 for the usual console game. Actually I probably calculated Starcraft 2 profit wrong, as main reason why the console games cost $10 then PC games is the license fee. So PC games will get that same $17, but from $50 game at the retailer. Let's try again: $17 + $10 (because $60 price tag) = $27

100 million budget it require 3,7 million sold units.

post-290-1279375373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Niten_Ryu

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.