Game stuttering when enemies spawn, wild mouse swing

One Wolf

Question

I've seen this posted here before and I've conducted searches both here and in other places on the web. I've made the adjustments described in the known problems sticky here, and the game still freezes momentarily when enemies spawn and the mouse still randomly moves itself. This is a minor annoyance usually, but in the last mission I played enemies kept spawning in battle, and the mouse kept randomly repositioning itself so I had considerable trouble since suddenly the enemy I was shooting is behind me and I've lost my bearings.

What else can I do to help this problem?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Yes, but like 90% of all video game tech issues forums, this isn't somewhere you can get the personal attention of an Obsidian employee on every single thread....

Currently the sticky, other threads on this topic (look for threads on mouse stutter) and the ini tweaks thread (main AP forums, "modding") represent everything known to this community about the issue. None of that help? o:)

No, sadly. I still managed to complete the game, but boss fights in particular with respawning enemies were very difficult. Stuttering I can handle, but that huge mouse swing is completely disorienting. You're lining up a headshot, then suddenly all you see is sky. And you're backwards.

I'll try emailing Obsidian. The reason I asked if anyone from Obsidian even reads these threads isn't because they aren't responding to "every single thread", they don't seem to be responding to any threads at all.