Trackballs

Walsingham

I really like trackballs, but have recently fallen out with my creative labs mice over the shoddy build quality of the prestles. I therefore decided to try a Kensington one.

The new Kensington mouse is slightly easier to hold onto at a variety of angles, although it's even smaller for a man's hand. I don't know who they get to model the ergonomics for these damn things.

The biggest failure of the Kensington is the trackball itself. It's a cheap cloudy marble coloured plastic compared with the much smarter trackball in the creative mouse. In fact the Kensington one is so cheap it fails to track at speed. A fact I verified and solved in one swift stroke by cannibilising the trackball from the old mouse! They are an identical size!

Time will tell how good the prestles are on this new one.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Im not a fan although Ive only used a trackball sparingly. Cant imagine having to use one while gaming, just doesnt provide a fast enough mouse movement.

Whuh? My reactions are pretty slow so I can't confirm, but basically don't you just increase the pointer speed?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I dunno, probably, but by default I can move my wrist much faster than I can move a cursor with my thumb. I have the same issues with touchpads, hate those things.

Ah. I can see your objection now. Mine doesn't use the thumb, but the index and ring finger, which years of offensive gesturing have rendered nimble to a degree far exceeding any ever exhibited by my arm as a whole.

Gorgon is also correct that it means I can have on my desk *peers intently*: a square of velcro; two coffee stained pieces of A4 containing notes such as "Bacon" (double underlined) and "Destroy my enemies"; a pair of nail clippers; a nearly empty coffee mug, a 5.56 bullet casing; a disposable razor; one twst tie for blousing trousers; a pipe (so that's where it is); the second disc from Kotor 2; Star Wars Supremacy and so on...

And that's after I just tidied up.

-Elwood Blues

I used a trackball for years exclusively... It's been a while but I may get one again for work, to help ease wrist strain...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Heh, that reminds me of a picture Slowtrain once posted of his desk. I swear to god there was a piece of sandwich jammed in his keyboard. Im on the other end of the spectrum. Very minimalistic and everything at perfect right angles, lol.

Tell me about your mother....

-Elwood Blues