Possible Bug - AP does not save settings/mouse trouble

DaniDE

Question

Hello there.

Just got my copy of AP yesterday and started playing today. I like it!

I tried several times to set up the settings to my liking, but some settings are not saved no matter if I press enter or manually click on exit.

These are (most annoying I assure you) the audio level settings, the controller settings (vibration on/off) and probably some other things too...I suspect Vsync for example but I am not absolutely sure.

I use Win7 64bit, 4 Gig Ram, Nvidia Geforce 280 GTX, some flat screen monitor, razer copperhead mouse and a keyboard, blablah.

I thought maybe the game lacks the rights to write its config files, so I tried launching the apgame.exe with admin rights instead of the launcher. Did not help though.

Also I am having some sort of mouse acceleration issues in-game, If I move the mouse too fast, I suddenly look in some completely different direction, which created the one or another scar in Mike

9 answers to this question

For the mouse acceleration, currently a known fix for some people was:

go into APEngine.ini in My Documents,

Set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=20

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

To be honest, I've found it improved things for me. I know people demand 40, 50, 60 FPS in something like Halo for pinpoint targetting, but in Alpha Protocol you have a massive reticule and aim really has a lot to do with stats anyway.

I think it's a solution for some people, not for others. Hopefully we'll get better fixes in the days to come.

To be honest, I've found it improved things for me. I know people demand 40, 50, 60 FPS in something like Halo for pinpoint targetting, but in Alpha Protocol you have a massive reticule and aim really has a lot to do with stats anyway.

I think it's a solution for some people, not for others. Hopefully we'll get better fixes in the days to come.

It's not a solution if you work with chain shot and sniper rifles, I can imagine it improves it for the AR run and gun people, but for surgical strikes it makes it worse.

I'm now in the final hub of the game with pistol and stealth. Of course, I'm pretty horrible at aiming anyway...

Also I am having some sort of mouse acceleration issues in-game, If I move the mouse too fast, I suddenly look in some completely different direction, which created the one or another scar in Mike
Edited by JockX