Alpha Protocol Frist Glitch - Pop-Up / Out of Bug Al-Samad Airfield

Hi there obsidian. please pay attention to other games mistakes. back when Mass Effect 2 was out i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_L49-ysvc

The Pop-Up Glitch, now i have just got a hold of your game and found the first glitch, oh look your useing the same engine as ME2 learn from other developers mistakes. so without further ado i present the pop-up glitch ported to Alpha Protocol. [big video like the ME2 one soon]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLt4Dh_uDBQ

Edited by nickncs cP

Thank you, without such astute detective work we would have foolishly rushed in and purchased this clearly flawed and terrible game.

Thanks to such work, I also avoided Mass Effect 2, which also has the same glitch, and surely was and is a terrible game only Bioware lackeys claim is any good.

Once more, you have my thanks.

Itkovian

I'm not sure if it's the same bug that I got, but in both Mass Effects I'd sometimes "lose my grip" on the walkable areas and suddenly be able to walk on air and stuff. This completely stuffed up the level. It looks similar to this glitch and how it's shown in the ME2 video. I had hoped it would not be rearing its ugly face in Alpha Protocol but I guess it's there.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm not sure if it's the same bug that I got, but in both Mass Effects I'd sometimes "lose my grip" on the walkable areas and suddenly be able to walk on air and stuff. This completely stuffed up the level. It looks similar to this glitch and how it's shown in the ME2 video. I had hoped it would not be rearing its ugly face in Alpha Protocol but I guess it's there.

And ME2 was a terrible game because of it, wasn't it? :thumbsup:

Itkovian

i kinda enjoyed ME2 and not just cuz i got like 10 videos from it. its was a fun game glitchy but fun.

the reason why this glitch keeps appearing is because of the engine used is the same (Unreal Engine 3)

i kinda enjoyed ME2 and not just cuz i got like 10 videos from it. its was a fun game glitchy but fun.

the reason why this glitch keeps appearing is because of the engine used is the same (Unreal Engine 3)

And devs aren't going to stop using UE3 because of a minor bug such as this one.

It happened to me maybe once during three playthroughs of ME2, and I was able to recover from it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

wow game breaking bug, count me out obsidian you just lost a customer!!!

/end sarcasm

people honestly have nothing better to do than go on about bugs, thats why patches where invented...

I've encountered a little pop up now that I am getting further in the game. It hasn't been too distracting though. Hell, I played through Mass Effect 1 and it is nowhere near as bad as that was.

Not a dealbreaker.

This bug in ME2 happened quite a few times to me, and each time forced me to alt-tab out of the game and restart. So it could potentially be game breaking, depending on how frequent it is.

It's definitely annoying, for someone as myself who often forgets to quicksave every two minutes.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.