Website overhaul

Yet again, website has been redesigned.

http://www.sega.com/alphaprotocol/us/main.php

It plays some of the game's music on the various pages, which sounds really good.

Oh, and apparently they already have some reviews:

This will change the way you think about role-playing games.
Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It plays some of the game's music on the various pages, which sounds really good.
That isn't new, I once used the 'site as an impromptu winamp. :)

(...)and he is never far from his pen wether for takin notes or to simply click it as a nervous habit
I smell narrative opportunity. Edited by Oner

I was (again) amused by Sie's character sheet, notably the "never engage, or if forced, call for reinforcements before" bit :w00t:

Also, it sounds like VCI really is a big, big faction in the game. Sie is one of their top operative, Marburg is their Field Operative Officer and Madison is also working for them.

According to this site, review copies have indeed been shipped out and they've been out for at least a week. Wonder how SEGA is going to set up their review policy. The consensus seems to be that, like in film criticism, if a distributor does not permit reviews to be published until the day of release, it's a show of no confidence in the product.

According to this site, review copies have indeed been shipped out and they've been out for at least a week. Wonder how SEGA is going to set up their review policy. The consensus seems to be that, like in film criticism, if a distributor does not permit reviews to be published until the day of release, it's a show of no confidence in the product.

Naaah, even Ubisoft does that with its games (even BIG ones like Assassin's Creed 2), they don't permit reviews before day-one if they're not above 9.0 or something like that. For Batman: Arkham Asylum it was the same. And Tomb Raider. And, well, maybe everyone else.

It's not that they have no confidence, it's just that publishers have really, really, really awful ways to handle this kind of thing. Like the majority of the buyers really go on Metacritic before buying... please. It's all a matter of hype and Ads, then you can sell everything.

I think the numer of people really persuaded to buy or let go a game based only on a review is really low, compared to the overrall sales.

When did Mass Effect 2's reviews started appearing compared with the game's release?

Since Obsidian is plagiarizing EVERYTHING from Mass Effect they'll probably plagiarize the review policy too!!

Yeah, I was joking, but I'm really interested about the information. SEGA's pumping out Alpha Protocol lately, so it would counter-intuitive if they didn't have any faith in the project. Then again, you never know.

The consensus seems to be that, like in film criticism, if a distributor does not permit reviews to be published until the day of release, it's a show of no confidence in the product.

I'm going to assume that the U.S are the biggest market for AP and that they're not stupid. Good thing with Internet is that you can read reviews from England-based websites. Not to mention French, German, Polish, every language you can think of, there is at least one person who's going to make a run-down of what the reviews say.